Getting form information from the webhook

Hi, I have setup a webhook when a contact gets created on hubspot, webhook is working, it posts JSON to my URL and I am able to save the JSON on our server, here’s what it looks like:
[
{
“objectId”: 3576359,
“changeFlag”: “NEW”,
“changeSource”: “FORM”,
“eventId”: 327448400,
“subscriptionId”: 8861,
“portalId”: xxxxx,
“appId”: 56851,
“occurredAt”: 1510711292362,
“subscriptionType”: “contact.creation”,
“attemptNumber”: 0
}
]

the above JSON came through the webhook because I filled a form on the site and that created a new contact. My questions is in order to use the form API, I need form submission id, how do I get the form submission id using the above JSON. Thanks

-Dileepa

Hi @Dileepa_Wijayanayake,

The contact creation webhook payload doesn’t include the form submission id. What exactly are you trying to get with the form submission? You can use the objectId to pull the newly created contact record, which will include the form submission information:

if someone fills a form on our website and submits, like the 30-day trial download, then a new contact is created and the webhook is fired. I want to get the information that was submitted, the form fields.

-Dileepa

Hi @Dileepa_Wijayanayake,

The Webhooks API doesn’t currently have a form submission subscription. You can subscribe to form submission email notifications, or you can subscribe to specific property change webhooks and get updates when those properties are updated (in this case, by form submission). You could also create a workflow that enrolls contacts based on form submissions, and then add a webhook action to send the contact data to your server.