Getting Form Submission Data and Analytics using Forms API

Hi there,

I have followed the Forms API instructions but still haven’t found a solution to this issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a custom HTML form on a hubspot page that sends the info to our server in an AJAX call, and on success I send the required contact info (not password) to the Hubspot Forms API, on another hubspot form I created.

I can see the submissions on that form(hubspot), but on the hubspot page with the original custom form, the submissions don’t get recorded and I obviously don’t get any other analytics (except for views).

I was just wondering how to configure this (using the Forms API), so I can get the submission data to show on the page where the custom form is?

Just to add clarification, this is the view data on the page with the custom form.

So after a user registers using the form on this page, the form submission is only showing on the hubspot form I created, and the submissions aren’t coming to the custom form on this page. Is there a way to link them?

Hi @BigMac,

What values are you including in the hs_context parameter when submitting the form?

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

here is what I am putting in the hs_context:

'hs_context': JSON.stringify({
                                "hutk": getCookie('hubspotutk') || '',
                                "ipAddress": "{{ request.remote_ip|string }}",
                                "pageUrl": window.location.href,
                                "pageName": document.title
                            }) 

the getCookie function I am using for the hutk is:

function getCookie(name) {
            var cookieValue = null;
            if (document.cookie && document.cookie !== '') {
                var cookies = document.cookie.split(';');
                for (var i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++) {
                    var cookie = jQuery.trim(cookies[i]);
                    // Does this cookie string begin with the name we want?
                    if (cookie.substring(0, name.length + 1) == (name + '=')) {
                        cookieValue = decodeURIComponent(cookie.substring(name.length + 1));
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }
            return cookieValue;
    }

Hi @BigMac,

Sorry for the lengthy delay on this; the topic slipped under my radar. That specific form submissions number looks for a pageId value in the hs_context field. The pageId is the internal identifier for HubSpot landing/website pages. You can find this ID in the URL when viewing a page’s details in HubSpot.

Thanks Derek, it didn't work right away, but does seem to be working now on our analytics page (after a few hours).