APIs & Integrations

Solution2

Getting last emailed date and last email opened date for a contact

I am attempting to get the last time an email was sent, and the last time an email was opened, through the API. However, after sending and opening an email to myself through the email dashboard, the hs_email_last_send_date, and hs_email_last_open_date remain absent. Is there another way this is to be done?

4 Replies 4
Saper
Contributor

It is so ridiculous HubSpot that we can't get the date of the "last sales email sent". There are multiple use cases for this. Here's a user story: AS A SALES REP I want to have a list of contacts that are "in-progress" (lead status), which I sent a sales email but where the contact did not open the email even it's been 7 days after the last sales email sent SO THAT I know which contacts I should send a follow up.

Currently the only option is filtering the contacts "who opened the email" but "did not reply". But more critical use case is filtering the contacts "who were sent an email" but "who did not engage at all".

0 Upvotes
Solution2

I went through Content > Email dashboard. I sent via “send test email”.

Is there a way I can get the last date any email was sent via HubSpot, not just from marketing?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The email properties only update for marketing emails, and won’t update for test sends. We don’t currently have properties that would show that for emails sent from the contact record, though you can get some of the data for those emails by pulling the engagements for the contact.

Get Associated Engagements | Engagements API

GET /engagements/v1/engagements/associated/:objectType/:objectId/paged - Get engagements associated with another CRM object via the HubSpot API.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Solution was the email a marketing email sent from the Content > Email dashboard? Or sent from inside the contact record itself? Those contact properties only track marketing emails, so if you sent this from inside the contact record it would not update those properties.

If you did send a marketing email, can you send me an example contact that you saw this with?

0 Upvotes