APIs & Integrations

pkuppuswami

Getting Required properties for the Contact

I am Using Get all Contact Properties API to get the properties for Contacts and populated the field values while creating Contact.

How can I identify the required fields from Get all Contact Properties?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @pkuppuswami,

What properties specifically are you referring to? It sounds like you're referring to the same specified properties mentioned above, which aren't accessible via the API. Whether or not properties are required on object creation or are included in the object's 'about' section isn't something that you can access via the API. Your best bet would likely be to allow your users to set those options separately in your app.

0 Upvotes
pkuppuswami

Thanks, Derek. Appreciate your time and quick response.

Thanks
Priya

pkuppuswami

Hi Derek

Thanks for the quick response. I have another question related to fields set by Admin for users.

We are trying to Integrate with Hubspot CRM. While creating Contact, we want to show only the Fields set by Admin for the team members.

How can I identify those fields in API that are set by Admin for user to see while creating contacts ?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @pkuppuswami,

Are you referring to the properties that are required to create a contact in-app, as mentioned in this Knowledge Base article?

How do I set required fields for manually creating contacts, companies, and...

Users with administrative access can set up required fields for contacts, companies, and deals in HubSpot.

It's not currently possible to access these settings via the API; contacts created via the API don't need to obey these requirements. I can see the use case for a 'Required Properties API,' however: If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes