APIs & Integrations

Colin_W

Google Analytics Connector

SOLVE

Hi all,

We work for a digital marketing agency and a lot of our clients and ourselves use HubSpot.

Does anyone have the answer to the "holy grail" that is end to end tracking with the end outcome being a sale within Google Analytics?

At the moment we can track:

User clicks paid ad
Goes to website
Fills out form
Lead generated in CRM (name, number, email, channel) - can we track keyword or ad?
Lead generated in Google Analytics and therefore in the marketing platform e.g. Adwords

That's it ..... up to a marketing qualified lead, this is all we can optimise for, whether it's good or bad.

Once the lead turns into a sale we can see this in the CRM but not Google Analytics or any marketing platform (whichever the lead was generated from)

What we need is a CRM - Google Analytics API (connector) that can push a sale from the CRM into Analytics.

I have been doing some digging and it looks like Measurement Protocol could be a way forward? Capturing the unique user CID

I believe this is a headache for everyone, has it been solved yet? If so how?

Thanks,

Colin

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Colin.W,

You could get this data out of HubSpot by using either the Contacts API, the Contact Lists API (e.g. pulling an active list of all customers with a clientId value), or a workflow webhook (POSTing the data of enrolled contacts to one of your own endpoints).

You could then parse and format the data as needed before sending it into Google Analytics with their Measurement Protocol. The Google Analytics Solutions Community will be your best resource regarding more specific implementation questions regarding Measurement Protocol.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
ralphioooo
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Danylo would you mind sharing your GTM tag ? Keen to see how that works. 

0 Upvotes
Danylo

SOLVE

Well, @ralphioooo, as far as I understand your AnalyticsApplifier does almost the same, but costs $50/month. Not sure if I want to improve your commercial product for free or w/o any interest. However both you and direct HubSpot clients are welcome to DM me, if any potential cooperation is possible.

0 Upvotes
ralphioooo

SOLVE

@Danylo fair enough.

We already have a non-HS sollution but yours sounded like a neat way to approach it. 

0 Upvotes
Danylo

SOLVE

Hey. If you're about to track offline sales and/or offline conversions in GA, the CID field is by far not a single one you need to track to bypass GA filter as well as to send a proper GEO of a user, not a server. We've created custom Google Tag Manager tag to inject GA CID and all the rest needed hidden form fields into Non Hubspot Forms, that can be still tracked by HubSpot. Than you need to just use connector (Zapier fails to to it preperly) for sending offline even to GA with all the contact data.

0 Upvotes
ralphioooo

SOLVE

We have just created a HubSpot APP called Analytics Amplifier that helps you do this + push offline events to Google Analytics when they happen.

Check it out here:

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/analytics-data/google-analytics-amplifier-2...

0 Upvotes
Colin_W

SOLVE

Thanks for this Isaac,

We decided to a test internally on a test site, using our own forms and database. Once end to end has been achieved and works we are then going to test on Hubspot and our own website.

Thanks for the help.

0 Upvotes
lquessenberry

SOLVE

Is this working now? I would love to know what you did.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Colin.W,

You could get this data out of HubSpot by using either the Contacts API, the Contact Lists API (e.g. pulling an active list of all customers with a clientId value), or a workflow webhook (POSTing the data of enrolled contacts to one of your own endpoints).

You could then parse and format the data as needed before sending it into Google Analytics with their Measurement Protocol. The Google Analytics Solutions Community will be your best resource regarding more specific implementation questions regarding Measurement Protocol.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Colin_W

SOLVE

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for this, that explains how to get the client ID from a form, this then will need to go into Hubspot itself.

The next bit is the hard bit, once a sale has been completed how to then push that client id into Google Analytics?

Thanks again,

Colin

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Colin.W,

As @NickMontagu notes, HubSpot can certainly track visitors eventually converting to customers, but involving Google Analytics does complicate matters.

A few other users have worked on this challenge and claim to be able to capture the GA clientId most of the time. Have you reviewed this topic and this topic?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Colin_W

SOLVE

Hi Nick,

Thanks for this idea but it wouldn't work.

We need outcomes within the marketing platforms themselves so that the platform AI can optimise towards conversions.

The only way to do this getting the outcome within Analytics so that we can then set it up as a conversion within the marketing platforms.

Thanks,

Colin

0 Upvotes
NickMontagu

SOLVE

Hey Colin,

I think the easy answer for this is to get the Google Ads upgrade for HubSpot.

Have you looked into that product? I think it'd meet your needs and save you the hassle of jumping in and out of GA.

Nick

0 Upvotes