APIs & Integrations

DerekE

Group like deals based on a property

My company is a manufacture, and my deals are duplicated when I import my file because one deal can have multiple line items.
The file is an export of orders from our ERP system.

File Example:
Deal 1 Item1 Description1 Qty Price
Deal 1 Item2 Description2 Qty Price
Deal 1 Item3 Description3 Qty Price
Deal 1 Item4 Description4 Qty Price
Deal 2 Item1 Description1 Qty Price
Deal 2 Item2 Description2 Qty Price
Deal 2 Item3 Description3 Qty Price

Is there a way to group the deals when the file is imported?
Ideally, I would like to select a deal on the board and it would display the items associated with that deal like in a collapsible view.
In other words a tiered approach.

Example:
Deal 1
Item1 Description1 Qty Price
Item2 Description2 Qty Price
Item3 Description3 Qty Price
Item4 Description4 Qty Price
Deal 2
Item1 Description1 Qty Price
Item2 Description2 Qty Price
Item3 Description3 Qty Price

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @DerekE

If you’re importing a CSV of deals, each line in the file is going to get created as a separate deal in HubSpot. The import tool won’t perform any type of deduplication, so each line creates its own deal, so if you’re trying to create deals with multiple items in each deal, you’d need to use deal properties to store the items (either a single property listing the items, or a set of properties for each item) so that the items could all be in a single line for the deal.

0 Upvotes
DerekE

Hello!
Thank you for the quick response.
The file that I would be using would vary everyday. I would never know how many items are listed in the file.
I have quite a few properties. Do you have an example or screen shot of what your suggestion would look like?

Thank you!!

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

That’s going to depend on how you want to use the details for the items in HubSpot. If you just want to be able to view the items when viewing the deal, the easiest way to do this would be to just use a multi-line text property, and just put the details for each item in a line in the property.

Also, if you’re importing this every day, and you have a developer you could work with, you should look at using the Deals API to automate this.

Create a Deal | Deals API

POST /deals/v1/deal/ - For a given portal, create a deal. This is particularly useful if you're integrating with a CRM or another application that has a similar notion of a deal. Note that you can create associations between Deals and Contacts and...

0 Upvotes