APIs & Integrations

GuidoNebiolo

Hapikey without permission

Hi,

I'm trying to fetch data from HubSpot API but I'm getting always a deny response:
GET https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/lists?hapikey={{hapikey}}
Response:
{
"status": "error",
"message": "This hapikey (xxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [contacts-lists-access, contacts-lists-read])",
"correlationId": "b70016c7-4f26-470e-b8a9-ab53ee5b86c6",
"requestId": "d39810da0b2e2626fed7527a74ddb8f2"
}

What's wrong with my request?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @kinoman104,

Did you downgrade at some point in the past? Marketing/CRM Free portals should never have had access to the Contacts Lists API, since Lists are only a feature of Marketing Pro/Enterprise portals. Going forward, if you need access to the Contacts Lists API or the Lists tool, you'll need to upgrade your portal to a product tier with Lists access (Marketing Pro/Enterprise).

0 Upvotes
kinoman104

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

I didn't downgrade, it just worked. Maybe I had a trial or some promotion....
Thank you for explaining that.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @GuidoNebiolo,

That portal is a Marketing/CRM Free portal, which does not have access to the Lists tool or the corresponding Contact Lists API.

@vnguyener and @kinoman104 if you both have Marketing/CRM Free portals, this is likely the explanation for your errors as well.

0 Upvotes
kinoman104

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

I do have Marketing/CRM Free portals with the Hub id: 3388670. I have always had them from the beginning, and Contact Lists API was working fine. What would be the solution to get this feature working?

0 Upvotes
kinoman104

Hi,

I have the same error. When I try to access lists (https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/lists) with my API key I get an error

"This hapikey (XXXX) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [contacts-lists-access, contacts-lists-read])"

At the same time I can access other endpoints. My API key was working on this endpoint earlier couple months ago with no permission errors.

Please, help.

0 Upvotes
vnguyener

@kinoman104 same here

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @GuidoNebiolo,

Can you give me your Hub ID?

0 Upvotes
GuidoNebiolo

EpiCura: 3947376

do you need anything else?

0 Upvotes
GuidoNebiolo

No, I'm already using the hapikey obtained from the portal. I used correctly some months ago, now the same key doesn't work anymore and I tried also to recreate the key but it doesn't work with the same error.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @GuidoNebiolo,

It sounds like you're using the wrong hapikey. You need to use the hapikey from the portal you're trying to access, not your developer hapikey.

0 Upvotes