APIs & Integrations

robgonzalez

Historical form-submission data available via API?

I’m trying to get all historical form submission data in order to do more specific analysis of advertising spend. We have set up our forms so that utm_campaign, utm_source, etc. are submitted as fields along with the form submission.

In the cases that the form submission causes the fields utm_campaign, utm_source, etc. to be updated on the Contact, I can inspect the Contact’s field history and get the value from the form submission. So on a go-forward basis I can erase the Contact field values after every form submission to force an update to show up in the field history. However, if the form submission did NOT update the field on a prior submission (which was the case if the same contact came through via the same PPC campaign a couple times, which did happen fairly often) then I can’t know whether the field had a value or was blank on the previous form submission data.

Hubspot does have the raw form submission data in its DB. You can get at all the historical Form Submission data via the Huspot App. The URL pattern is: https://app.hubspot.com/forms-two/HUBID/FORM-GUID/submissions/CONVERSION-ID
However, I can’t see a way to get this same data programmatically. It feels like there’s a good chance since the data is available via the UI.

Related thread:

Hi Hubspot! We required to retrieve data against form-submission using hubspot API. Like we have option to get form-submission data in CSV which is being sent by hubspot. We can have following possible options:- Please suggest correct API to retrieve form-submission data. For now hubspot is sending form-submission data in email thats too on user action. Does hubspot can send CSV on specified path on our server so that we can read CSV file programmatically. If for any type service we are r…

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @robgonzalez,

You can export the form submission data from the forms dashboard:

How do I export form submissions?

Learn how to export form submission data from the forms dashboard or the form submission screen.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @robgonzalez,

There isn’t currently any public API for retrieving form submission data. You can export form submission data into a CSV, however, which would give you programatic access to the data. If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes
robgonzalez

@Derek_Gervais thanks for the reply! Where do I go to export the CSV of the form submission data?

On a go-forward basis we’ve configured a Hubspot Workflow to clear the field values right after the form submission, which will have the effect of forcing the inclusion of any new values submitted via forms to show up in the field history of the Contact.

0 Upvotes