APIs & Integrations

fabianocovas

How do I submit a form residing in HubSpot to an external form action?

I want to be able to submit a form created in a HubSpot landing page to my external website. This way I can collect the contact’s FirstName, LastName and Company and register this contact in my database through my external website. I could simply edit the “action” attribute of the form, but Hubspot doesn’t simply allow me to do it.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @fabianocovas,

You can edit the template and replace the form module with a custom HTML module, then put the code for your form in the HTML module.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @fabianocovas,

@RajicA 's suggestion is probably the best way to do it. Regular HubSpot forms cannot submit to an external form action. The only way to do this would be to replace the HubSpot form with a custom HTML form, submit to your external action, then submit to HubSpot via the Forms API.

0 Upvotes
fabianocovas

Hi @Derek_Gervais!
Thanks for the reply! The custom HTML form seems perfect!!!
How do I replace a HubSpot form in a landing page residing on HubSpot server with my own custom HTML form?

Not applicable

Hi, you can use the webhooks feature of Workflows to pass information from HubSpot to another web application. So you can create workflow with starting condition (form submitted) and add an action to trigger a webhook. Finally you can use webhooks payload to save data in you DB. Hope this helps…

Best,
Aleksandar