How to access the Products API to create products

Hello,
I am trying out the new Products API via the demo account. I am able to retrieve products, but not create them. This is my request :
POST https://api.hubapi.com/crm-objects/v1/objects/products?hapikey=demo
[
{
"name": "name",
"value": "test"
}
]

And this is the error response I get :
"Must have scope INBOUNDDB_PRODUCT_LIBRARY_WRITE"

Must have scope DEAL_LINE_ITEM_READ

We are seeing the same issue!

Hi @artemida and @Anton_Litvinenko,

That request appears like it should work. Can you give me your Hub IDs? Sales Pro is required to use the Products API, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue?

Hi @Derek_Gervais ,

My HubId is 62515. I am issuing the requests towards the demo account, do I still have to get Sales Pro to use the Products API if I am querying against the demo account?

Issuing requests against my account gives me "Must have scope INBOUNDDB_PRODUCT_LIBRARY_WRITE" AND "Must have scope INBOUNDDB_PRODUCT_LIBRARY_READ" errors.

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

We've seen issues with following hub ids:

1. 168496
  2. 3482954

Thanks!

Hi @Anton_Litvinenko ,

Do you use Sales Pro in the account you are using to try the Products API?

Hi @artemida (and possibly @Anton_Litvinenko),

Are you using OAuth to authenticate these requests? There's currently a known issue affecting OAuth authentication for object APIs in developer preview (Tickets API and Products API). We're working to fix that now; in the interim, you should be able to use your hapikey to make requests to the Products API.

I am using hapiKey. As I mentioned before, I am issuing request towards the public demo account and I do not have Sales Pro in my account.

Hi @artemida,

Gotcha, just making sure we covered all our bases. Can you give me the Hub ID of the test portal you're working with?

We are using OAuth and looking forward to have the fix :slight_smile:

I’m wanting to do some api work on the developer test account. I don’t have Sales Pro on my regular account. I also can’t use the products functionality on the developer account. Do I need to have Sales Pro on my regular account in order to see it on the dev account?

Hi all,

Just wanted to post an update here; in order to adequately diagnose the variety of reasons access might be missing, I'll need the Hub IDs of the affected portals. Can everyone who has not yet done so post their Hub ID so that I can check into specific portals? It'd also be helpful to know if it's a test or production portal, and whether you're using a hapikey or OAuth (due to the aforementioned OAuth issue).

@Derek_Gervais Hi! Do you have any news on this issue?

Hi @Anton_Litvinenko,

No news as of yet; the main issue here seems to be more complicated than we initially thought. We're still working on a fix that should resolve most access issues for the new APIs, so stay tuned. I'll post any updates/new info in this thread.

HubId : 62515, querying against the demo account - hapiKey = demo
(Sales Pro not acquired)

Hi @artemida,

You shouldn't have any issues making requests to the demo portal; is there a specific request you're making to the demo portal that's returning an error? Can you also include the error?

The request and error are as described in the Topic description :

Request :
POST https://api.hubapi.com/crm-objects/v1/objects/products?hapikey=demo
[
{
"value": "test"
}
]
Response error :
"Must have scope INBOUNDDB_PRODUCT_LIBRARY_WRITE"

Hi, I need test and use the Products API for the following portal

• Production portal
    • Use hapikey
    • Dev portal
    • Use hapikey
    • Dev portal
    • Use hapikey

The products API work with the production portal but does not work with dev portals.

I have the following error:

{
  "correlationId": "fc6ee624-b55d-43fe-a7ad-a8623ef35198",
  "message": "Must have scope  INBOUNDDB_PRODUCT_LIBRARY_WRITE",
  "requestId": "2763945c160bd7d35b5cfaa374314d08",
  "status": "error"
}

Thanks

@Derek_Gervais any update on the issue? We have a lot of users waiting behind this and bugging us every day on this. Any ETA would help us give proper information back to customers.

thanx

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

I'm also facing the same issue.
HubId: 4483902 (test hub), using hapikey.
I do not have Sales Pro.

Error:
Request:

POST /crm-objects/v1/objects/products?hapikey=*** 
HTTP/1.1
Host: api.hubapi.com
Content-Type: application/json

[
  {
    "value": "A new product"
  }
]

Response:

{
    "status": "error",
    "message": "Must have scope  INBOUNDDB_PRODUCT_LIBRARY_WRITE",
    "correlationId": "ebd04932-66fd-4c71-966a-1990d443dc65",
    "requestId": "e587fb146bf9eed0140007ee82579ec3"
}

Question:

1. Do I need Sales Pro to work on the Products, Tickets, Deal-Line Item associations API's?
  2. Do I need Sales Pro to access Products, Line Items feature on a Test-HUB on the UI.

Thanks