APIs & Integrations

ptorric
Participant | Diamond Partner

How to create a webinar like event in the Contact timeline?

I’m developing an integration for retail industry and i successfully manage the fidelity card no. contact integration.
now i’m looking a way for recording Customer purchases inside the contact timeline, next point is firing a delayed workflow with a next best buy suggestione email.

i cannot find any api call, any hints?

thank you
pt

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Not applicable

Hi @ptorric,
it looks like the Timeline API is what you’re looking for: http://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/timeline/timeline-overview
You’ll have to create a 3rd party app in Hubspot here: http://developers.hubspot.com/docs/faq/integration-platform-api-requirements
Hope that helps,
Antoine

0 Upvotes
ptorric

Yes Antoine, i’m aware that, some time after my post, timeline api was
available.
It’s ok for my specific problem, but the real timeline, i mean all contact
interaction, is still unavailable.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ptorric

Depending on what data you’re looking to include on the timeline, it may be possible to do this using engagements:

Create an Engagement | Engagements API

POST /engagements/v1/engagements - Create an engagement via the HubSpot API.

Engagements only record data that you’d see in the timeline, so if you’re looking to send an email you could use a Workflow to send that email.

Get workflows | Workflows API

Workflows are one of the most essential pieces to the HubSpot marketing software, because it, along with Contacts and email, is at the heart of marketing automation. Using workflows, users can set up sophisticated marketing automation campaigns that...

0 Upvotes
ptorric

yes, ok, i was figuring out something like that: create a Note engagement event for every inshop purchase, at the present i’m updating a property “last purchase date”.

But i cannot undestrand how gotomeeting, surveymonkey and other software manage to create a specific branded event in the timeline.

is it possible?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The GoToWebinar and SurveyMonkey integrations are ones that we built internally, so some of their functionality won’t be available to other integrations.

We’re working on a new API that will allow integrations to add similar items to the timeline, and we hope to have that ready soon.

0 Upvotes