APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

How to get an APPID

Hi

Is there any way of getting an APPID via the api? It’s required in order to set up a webhook.

Thanks
Andy

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
cesitkowski

How to get an APPID

I also had a difficult time setting up a workflow webhook to use a request signature because I didn't know what to use as the App ID.  Many related forums and documentation instructed me to create a developer account, but I hesistated because creating a separate account from the one in which I wanted to use the webhook didn't make sense to me either.

It turns out that I was able to use the App ID and Client secret from an app I created in a new developer account to add a request signature for a webhook being used in the original non-developer account. I didn't have to change so much as the default App name. Not sure that makes any sense, but a SHA-256 hash of the concatentaion of the Client secret, HTTP method, URI, and request body matches what's in the X-HubSpot-Signature header and the webhook is working as expected.

0 Upvotes
KasparTr

How to get an APPID

2 yeas has passed and I'm facing the same issue. 
Just came off chat with CS, they were unable to help cause it was "out of their knowledge area".

I don't need to use the API but just access to APP ID to set up Webhook auth signature.

Did you manage to solve this?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

How to get an APPID

Hi @carltonsmith,

A developer portal is the same as a developer account; it’s where your app(s) and their settings live. This is distinct from the portal(s) that installs your app. In this situation, it sounds like Andy was using the webhooks API, which allows you to subscribe to events in portals that have installed your app. You can find some more info on the webhooks API below:

0 Upvotes
carltonsmith

How to get an APPID

Derek,

Thanks for the response, but I’m not dealing with web hooks. I asked my question because I was confused about the purpose of the developer portal as I have been told one thing and it looks like it’s actually used for something else.

Thanks anyway

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

How to get an APPID

Hi @Andy_Eltis,

You can get the app id from the app’s settings in your developer portal. It’s not currently possible to get an app id via the API.

0 Upvotes
carltonsmith

How to get an APPID

Is the developer portal the same thing as a developer account? I was under the impression that the developer account was sandboxed away from the main marketing application. Is that true? If so, how does the app id from my developer account help me with the API for my main account?

0 Upvotes