APIs & Integrations

Rajender

How to post form data to external websites

I have forms creating and published in hubspot on click of submit . Form data was getting submitted to hubspot repo . at the same time , I need to post same data to external website . I am not sure how to and where to integrate external urls . other end system has rest services accepts json , xml and http post .

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
CLopez19

Did the webhook workflow work for you. Like if i had a user fill out an embeded hubspot form to another external site and autofill the previous info into the second form.  Is that what you were looking to acomplish? If so did the webhook solution allow you to do that?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Rajender

HubSpot forms don’t have an option to POST the collected data to another system, so if you need to send the data in two directions, you’d need to use a custom form, and then when processing the data use the Forms API to send the data to HubSpot:

Submit data to a form | HubSpot Forms API

POST https://forms.hubspot.com/uploads/form/v2/:portal_id/:form_guid - Send form submission data to HubSpot. Form submissions from external sources can be made to any registered HubSpot form. You can see a list of forms on your portal by going to...

0 Upvotes
Rajender

we already have integration from our forms to Hub spot. now we are looking to post the data from hub spot forms to our system. . could you provide more details about custom form where to make change with example helps us a lot. thanks

0 Upvotes
JessieG
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Rajender

You can get data from HubSpot forms by using webhooks in a workflow. You’d create the workflow to trigger when a contact submits a form, and then you could use webhooks to send that data to your system.

Please see this answer from @dadams in a previous post Send data from HubSpot form to another application

0 Upvotes
Rajender

perfect. This is what I am looking for . I did follow the instructions to test my custom form by using the example which was provided . it was working fine. Thanks again