I’ve been struggling to identify the exact flow of getting Contacts from HubSpot and post them to my db as soon as contact gets created. What I’ve done so far:
Created an app using Developer Account and mentioned these details:
- Details Section: App name, Author name, Short Description, Logo Image
- Monitoring Section: Nothing
- Webhook Subscriptions: Created new “Contact Creation” subscription and under Configure section in “Webhook URL” Specified my post API that will require authentication and would expect contact JSON to create a new entry in my database.
- Timeline API: I’m not sure what it is for and what should I enter here?
installed this app by creating Authorize URL and directly hitting this URL in browser. After granting this app the access, I got to see this app into “Integrations” section of the Hubspot portal (other than Developer account).
Now every time when I’m creating a new contact, I can see few errors (with status code 401 i.e. Authentication Error) in Monitoring section of the app in developer portal.
What I’m trying to figure out here is:
- Where should I authenticate my API?
- Where should I map which fields should be posted to my post API?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!