APIs & Integrations

dpickettme2

How to retrieve Events data using the Analytics API?

This is my first time posting and I'm also a very new developer.

I have been able to retrieve data on events using the Analytics API. It doesn't seem to be documented, but I used the API listed here...

Get Analytics data for specific objects

GET /analytics/v2/reports/:object_type/:time-period - Get analytics data for specific objects.

I used the first one and replaced "forms" with "events" and was able to retrieve event data like this...
https://api.hubapi.com/analytics/v2/reports/events/total?hapikey=demo

The problem is that all the events are only listed by an ID number. This is hard to read. Also, in the Event Analytics page in our HubSpot account, I can't even find an ID for events that are not custom Events created with JavaScript. So I need one of two things, 1) Is there a way to retrieve the name of the events as part of the JSON when using this Analytics API call? Or 2), if not, how can I find the ID numbers for events that are not custom JavaScript events?

In general, is there any other documentation available? Any help would be appreciated. I'm a web designer and very new to developer stuff and using APIs, etc. Go easy on me.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

How to retrieve Events data using the Analytics API?

Hi @Daniel_Pickett,

The Analytics API was designed in a way that makes it easy for HubSpot to add new objects or data sources, but anything not specifically listed in the docs isn’t supported and might be removed or changed without notice. This is the case with events; while you might be able to access events data, that functionality hasn't been released and is subject to change or be removed at any time.

If you would find this functionality useful, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes