APIs & Integrations

jaredmacias

How to send double opt-in email using REST APIs?

SOLVE

Hi,

I have one question related to the hubspot double opt-in.

In my app, it's creating contacts using rest api after users filed out our custom form.

I already setup double opt-in optin in hubspot account.

But users don't receive emails after their contacts were created.

I cannot find any parameters of contact API to send double opt-in email.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jaredmacias,

Apologies for the delayed response.

At this time, it is not possible to trigger a double opt-in email through the Contacts API. Here are some related topics:

That said, with double opt-in enabled, Forms API submissions will trigger the opt-in email to send. Depending on your use case, this could be used as an indirect way to send the emails.

Other alternatives include:

• Manually sending the opt-in email on an individual contact record, per this article.
  • Subscribing contacts who have consented through your custom form to specific email types through this Email API method. (Keep in mind, this is different than using double opt-in. Work with your legal counsel to determine whether you could comply with local privacy laws through this method.)

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jaredmacias,

Apologies for the delayed response.

At this time, it is not possible to trigger a double opt-in email through the Contacts API. Here are some related topics:

That said, with double opt-in enabled, Forms API submissions will trigger the opt-in email to send. Depending on your use case, this could be used as an indirect way to send the emails.

Other alternatives include:

• Manually sending the opt-in email on an individual contact record, per this article.
  • Subscribing contacts who have consented through your custom form to specific email types through this Email API method. (Keep in mind, this is different than using double opt-in. Work with your legal counsel to determine whether you could comply with local privacy laws through this method.)

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
jaredmacias

SOLVE

Hi,

There is no idea to solve this issue?:thinking:

0 Upvotes