HUBDB + local-hubl-server = possible?

I am building templates locally to then push via FTP to a client's portal. I have setup a hubdb table with some data that I want to use in my template, and I can access that raw data via the API. However, when I use the hubl code nothing comes back. I''ve tried changing the portal_id in the site-settings.json to the real id, but no joy.

I'm trying something like what's found here

Is it possible to configure the local-hubl-server to make the required API call to get data from the real live table? If not, can I create/sync the table (or a mock version) locally to make it work? If not is it just not possible to build local templates that use hubdb?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi @ben1,

No, it's not possible to access HubDB from a local HubL server. There isn't a mechanism that handles requesting that information from the HubDB servers. There isn't any local HubDB mechanism either. I can totally see the use case for that, though. I've passed this feedback along internally, but if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.