Hubspot API File Manager Upload Issues

I’m attempting to use the Hubspot API to upload files dynamically from my website to our HubSpot file system. I’m using PHP / cURL to do this with code similar to the following:

<?php

$params = "--custom-boundary-123456789\r\n".
		"Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"folder_paths\"\r\n\r\n".
		"static\r\n".
		"--custom-boundary-123456789\r\n".
		"Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"files[]\"; filename=\"file-a.html\"\r\n".
		"Content-Type: text/html\r\n\r\n".
		"<div>Content for file-a.html here...</div>\r\n".
		"--custom-boundary-123456789\r\n".
		"Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"files[]\"; filename=\"file-b.html\"\r\n".
		"Content-Type: text/html\r\n\r\n".
		"<div>Content for file-b.html here...</div>\r\n".
		"--custom-boundary-123456789--";

$request_headers = array('Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=--custom-boundary-123456789');

$ch = curl_init('http://api.hubapi.com/filemanager/api/v2/files?hapikey=my-api-key-here&overwrite=true');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $params);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $request_headers);

$reply = curl_exec($ch);
$status_code = curl_getinfo($ch, CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE);
curl_close($ch);

?>

I get a status code of 200 but I’m not seeing the files appear in our file manager. Is the syntax incorrect for the multipart form data? Is this not allowed? Am I doing something else incorrectly?

I was also having this same problem and spent hours to make it work. I found out that its just a simple syntax in the $params string referencing @Chris_Adams code. The root of the issue is at the last custom boundary string in the code:

It needs to have an additional -- at it’s start to make it work.
So it would need to be changed to this "----custom-boundary-123456789--";
I tried it and it worked for me. Hopefully this can also help others :slight_smile:

I used this gist as reference and compared the codes. Thanks to this :slight_smile: