APIs & Integrations

AoifeM
Participant

Hubspot database

Hi everyone,

We us the hubspot database for some of our website data such as regions, employees etc.

However, there has recently been a change in the database and we can no longer copy and paste in information keeping the formatting eg of titles in a different colour, size, font etc.

• Is there a way to copy and paste text into the hubdb, keeping formatting?
  • If not, is there a way to format text in the hubdb to select header style?
  • Alternatively, are there plugins that will do this?

Thanks for your help!

A

11 Replies 11
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot database

Hi, @aoifem.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I've been asking around but still haven't learned of any updates. That said, I have confirmed that you can place HTML and inline CSS in Text columns and the styling will render when the table is placed on a live page.

For example, if you place this in a Text cell:

<h1 style="color:red;">This is a heading</h1>

"This is a heading" will appear in large red letters, just not within the HubDB table.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
adamfeldt
Participant

Hubspot database

Hi Isaac,

I have experienced the same roll back in functionality. Previously I was able to retain formatting when copying and pasting from other pages into a HubDB rich text field. What is the reason why RTF formating is even scaled down here. It creates a barrier for us when it comes to submitting our diverse product desciptions to HubDB and an incentive to handle them on flat pages which is not optimal. What we need is a fully editable RTF field with access to formatting.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot database

Thanks for chiming in, @adamfeldt. I've reached out to some folks for additional insight on this front.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot database

Hi all,

Sincere apologies for the delayed response.

I haven't gotten any traction on my end. One of our content platform's decision makers claims that he doesn't think there's been any change here and that "the HubDB rich text editor has always been very simple and does not support colors of fonts."

Could you all share links to the tables showing the historical values (with formatting) so that I can give the team something to reference other than screenshots? Please specify the column and rows displaying the formatting behavior you desire. Thanks for your help on this.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
adamfeldt
Participant

Hubspot database

Hi Isaac,

Just to say that this issue was never a question for me of restoring the workings of a past work-around that was or was not there. More of getting the pain fixed by adding in much needed features on the RTE. I an see why it should be simple as possible, but as Einstein would put it, it should not be simpler than that. The inclusion of at least Headline formating (H1....H4) is just a must have.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot database

Hi, @adamfeldt.

It was good to meet you the other day.

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I agree that we could provide more support in this area and have recorded feedback internally for the team.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
adamfeldt
Participant

Hubspot database

Thanks, and likewise.

I would DREAM to just have the RTE that is available for me for typing this comment. We already have encountered further needs that entail using tables and images. I can do that here (and this RTE is pretty simple), but in the HubDB RTE.... I can't.

0 Upvotes
AoifeM
Participant

Hubspot database

Example%20after%20change

0 Upvotes
AoifeM
Participant

Hubspot database

0 Upvotes
AoifeM
Participant

Hubspot database

Hi @Isaac_Takushi,

Yes, previously I was able to copy in from other cells in the database and it would retain the formatting. I have added examples below.

I first noticed this change at couple of days ago.

Based on what you are saying, do you think something has changed in the CSS as opposed to the database? Potentially the colours and fonts were pulling through from the CSS?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot database

Welcome, @aoifem.

To clarify, are you saying you used to be able to copy and paste text into a HubDB rich text cell and it would retain all previous styling, as if you had copied raw HTML (e.g. 22 pt, Comic Sans, color: green)?

If so, I personally haven't encountered this ability, but when would you say you first noticed the change in functionality?

I'm happy to check with the team to gain more insight into the change, but I have not found a way to maintain formatting beyond bold, italic, and underline text formatting. All colors and fonts would have to be added with CSS on a live page.

This in Microsoft Word:

Paste%201

Appears as this in my HubDB table:

Only the bold formatting remains, presumably because font, color, and size are not options in the HubDB rich text cell formatting modal.

Isaac Takushi