I'm running a very basic script to trace and debug any issues I might have in a bigger implementation, the script is injected with the correct account number, an array is pushed to the _hsq window instance, with the paired identify and value data (email, firstName, lastName), also tried (email, firstname, lastname) but in previous tries firstName and lastName worked.
I've initially reported this issue to Segment, but it looks that it's related exclusively with Hubspot, you can find all the data including screenshots and tests in the following thread (https://community.segment.com/t/y7b860); I'm also sharing the screenshot of the thread here (https://imgur.com/a/k1Go3LP, couldn't insert directly, given the image dimensions and hubspot forum restrictions), in case there are any issues accessing the site or the thread from your side.
You can also find the Basic Hubspot script here (https://paste.ee/p/6Ez0y) this should create a contact 100% of the times, not just once in awhile!
Remember, I've been doing a lot of tests and I'd appreciate if you take the time to check the original thread in Segment or the screenshot I provided; Bare in mind:
- Tests are incremental (so email address have a number)
- Cleared cache (not latest Chrome as cache persists, but tried in Firefox, no caching issues)
- All tests done through localhost dev server, node server
- Refreshed the Hubspot contact page and also logged out and in
- Used the search in hubspot contact with part of the keyword and complete keyword, no result
- Same script previously generated a contact, so Hubspot is not reliable given the basic implementation you can see in the link https://paste.ee/p/6Ez0y
- My account number is 2484981, the same in the script
- last contact tested
Also tested with firstname and lastname,
Not contact generated!