APIs & Integrations

alihussnain

I am submitting form data using apis, But not able to track that user came from specific facebook ad

SOLVE

We are running ads campaign and redirecting traffic to our website, I am using apis to send data to hubspot forms. But i am not able to check that whether user is of generic website traffic or cam from facebook ad. Can anybody please help? Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I am submitting form data using apis, But not able to track that user came from specific facebook ad

SOLVE

Hi @alihussnain,

Happy to help. Are you using tracking URLs or the HubSpot ads add-on to track your Facebook ads?

If you are using either, make sure to pass the visitor's cookie token value in the hutk parameter through the Forms API. As noted here: "The hutk parameter is used to associate analytics data with your contacts. Without this, page views and the original source will not be populated."

If the visitor came from a Facebook ad, they should have some tracking parameters in their First page seen URL (e.g. utm_medium=paidsocial&utm_source=facebook). The tracking code picks up these parameters and includes them in the visitor's page view history. If the visitor converts on a form and the Forms API passes the hutk cookie token value, then these parameters help bucket the contact according to the rules in this article's table.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @alihussnain,

Happy to help. Are you using tracking URLs or the HubSpot ads add-on to track your Facebook ads?

If you are using either, make sure to pass the visitor's cookie token value in the hutk parameter through the Forms API. As noted here: "The hutk parameter is used to associate analytics data with your contacts. Without this, page views and the original source will not be populated."

If the visitor came from a Facebook ad, they should have some tracking parameters in their First page seen URL (e.g. utm_medium=paidsocial&utm_source=facebook). The tracking code picks up these parameters and includes them in the visitor's page view history. If the visitor converts on a form and the Forms API passes the hutk cookie token value, then these parameters help bucket the contact according to the rules in this article's table.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager