APIs & Integrations

crplummer1
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Identify visitor with custom properties on page views

SOLVE

Trying to use the push identify method https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/tracking_code_api/identify_visitor
to pass in custom properties from page views (not just form fills) but it is not working, attempting to troubleshoot. These contacts have an email address and are authenticated users who are visiting pages on the website. Are there any examples in the documentation showing mapping logic and code with custom properties? If the properties don't match exactly does it not push at all?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @crplummer.

Happy to help. Yes, the properties and values you are attempting to push must exactly match the internal names of custom contact properties and their options (if applicable).

Here's a recent topic I responded to with some code examples. Although default contact properties are used (i.e. email, firstname, and lastname), the principle is the same with custom contact properties.

Just to confirm, are you including _hsq.push(['trackPageView']) after the identify method?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @crplummer.

Happy to help. Yes, the properties and values you are attempting to push must exactly match the internal names of custom contact properties and their options (if applicable).

Here's a recent topic I responded to with some code examples. Although default contact properties are used (i.e. email, firstname, and lastname), the principle is the same with custom contact properties.

Just to confirm, are you including _hsq.push(['trackPageView']) after the identify method?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes