Instant Callback

Hello HubSpot,

I have below certain queries regarding APIs,

1. What is the maximum number of options that can be added for Multiple check-boxes in Contact properties?

2. If I update any Contact’s Phone number, or Email on HubSpot, Is there any API or Callback function that can be called instantly so that I can update the same record in my domain Database?

3. Can I make Email Contact Property read-only or Non-Editable. If yes, then how should I achieve this?

4. Your Bulk Create Contact API does not return any response or vid of the contact’s created. Is there any way I can get instantly the VIDs of contact created on HubSpot when using Bulk Api?

5. I created Contacts on HubSpot by using BULK Create API. How should I Bulk update the contacts I have updated in my Local Database to HubSpot?
    IF I have updated my local records EMAIL then how to update the same records? How should I fix this as your batch_create_or_update APi says “When an email address is used, and there is an existing contact with the same email address, that contact will be updated. If an email address is used, and there is not an existing record with that email address, then a new contact record will be created.” ? How to solve this?

Also, Can I create a contact on HubSpot with additional property like unique ID or token assigned to each Contact and can then track back to update my system records using the same unique ID or token? Is this possible?

Please reply ASAP…

Thanks,
Vipul

Hi @vipul

1. Properties can have up to 1000 options.

2. You can use webhooks to have HubSpot notify your system when specific properties are updated: http://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview

3. There isn’t a way to make a property that can only be modified by the API. We do have read-only properties, but those are HubSpot system properties so they can’t be modified using the APIs and will only be updated by the HubSpot system.

4. Similar to #2, you can also use webhooks to subscribe to new contacts being created.

5. If you’re updating the email address of a record, you would need to use the endpoint to update a specific record: http://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/update_contact

You would be able to create a separate custom property to add your external ID to a contact record, but we wouldn’t have a way to get a record by that custom ID (or any other custom property)

Hi @dadams,
I am using API not OAuth…

1). what if i have more than 1000 options… i actually have… what to do in this case?

2). What does this “This Webhooks API allows you to subscribe to changes happening in the accounts of any HubSpot user that installs your integration.” means? Is there any working example related to PHP how to achieve this webhook? What api should I call to get back the property that has been changed for a contact on Hubspot.

You would be able to create a separate custom property to add your external ID to a contact record, but we wouldn’t have a way to get a record by that custom ID (or any other custom property)
FOR THIS, can I update HubSpot contact using this custom ID ?

Please reply ASAP…

Regards,
Vipul