Integrating external application with HubSpot

contacts

Hi Team,

Currently I am having a Developer Instance. We are interested in doing following things or would like to understand the standard ways for doing following things:

Q 1. We are having a web application which deals in data analytic. We would like to integrate this application into Hubspot. For doing this, can we create one HTML page give reference of our web application URL and then open that HTML page within Hubspot and not as external web site.

Q 2. Also can we update existing Contact page to add one iFrame in it which will load more details about the contacts from my web application?

Q 3. If both of the above things are possible then we will like to know steps for doing those?

Q 4.If these two things are not possible then we would like to know alternate ways for achieving it.

Also can you help in understanding if I create new HTML from Content option, then where it gets listed by default on Hubspot instance? Can I add its link as a menu. Or in other words can I add a link in Hubspot to open my web application within Hubspot? please refer screen shot for more details .

Q 5. How to publish our web application into HubSpot Market / Other place so we can install it on another instance ? Please provide detail steps/information to do .

Q 6. Can you please help us in understanding use of web-hooks?

We are waiting for your response on the same.

Thanks,
Narayan Sultane

Hi @narayan.sultane

We don’t currently have a way to add to or modify the top navigation of the HubSpot app.

We do have a new API that will be hitting beta soon that can be used to show an iframe in a contact record. You can see more details for the CRM Extensions API detailed on https://developers.hubspot.com/.

If you’re looking at the Integrations listed by HubSpot, those integrations are built by members of our Connect program. You can find more details about joining the program here:

Webhooks would send data to your system when there is a change in HubSpot, so that you could get notified of changes instead of needing to poll our APIs to find updates. You can find more details about using webhooks and a list of the updates you’d be able to subscribe to in our Webhooks API docs:

Thanks @dadams David Adams for your response!!

We would like to know more about our first questions i.e. is there a way to integrate our external application and then launch that application within HubSpot and not as external web site in different browser tab by redirecting away from Hubspot?

So as I mentioned we have an application which deals in data analytics. We would like to integrate this application into Hubspot. For doing this, can we create one HTML page give reference of our web application URL and then open that HTML page within Hubspot application. If HTML is not right way of doing this then what is the alternate way for achieving this user experience

Also can you please help us understanding where the link for launching this external application will get displayed on Hubspot if not on Top navigation.?

And lastly we would like to know when we will create a package of this Hubspot instance having external app integrated and install the package on other instance then where the link for launching the external app would appear?

Thanks in advance!!