Integration of Ecommerce Bridge API: does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [portal-developers-access])

Hi,

I am working on to integrate Ecommerce Bridge API and i created Test portal and an app. Now i am having problems in sending request after oAuth authentication has been done.
I am using developer account already but seems like some permissions are missing. Can you please help what exactly is causing this issue?

• Here is test portal id: 5051184

• Link to the app: https://app.hubspot.com/developer/5051097/application/182707

• i am using OAuth 2.0 Playground for testing.

• Following is the response i am getting:
    {"status":"error","message":"This oauth-token (CLTyq-jpLBIDAYECGLCmtAIgqcXXAiizkwsyGQDl7N_AEZkAg2N_IwgGDup8zV26qco2OQQ6CwAKAkEAAAyEA6ALQhkA5ezfwDH-_S7739x2d2-BiLaG0O100lTU) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [portal-developers-access])","correlationId":"21da2658-a1c6-4b18-b7e7-9dc9804ab0e2","requestId":"454107d4dae16ec4042d9b4e78735a57"}

Hi @ahsan,

To clarify, are you trying to use this endpoint? If so, you are receiving that error because the Install ecommerce settings endpoint "is only required when using the ecommerce bridge with a custom integration using an API key. This should not be used for installed integrations using OAuth."

If I have misunderstood which endpoint you are using, please share it below.

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your response. Here is the endpoint which i tried using: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecommerce/check-install

Shouldn't it work with integrations using oAuth?
Thanks

Hi @ahsan,

No, that endpoint will also not work for OAuth integrations.

As noted in the documentation: "This endpoint is only required when using the ecommerce bridge with a custom integration using a hapikey. This should not be used for installed integrations using OAuth."

If the "BISMILLAH - app" appears in the Your integrations tab of settings, as it does here for the test portal, then the application is installed correctly.

hi Isaac,

Thank you for clarifying it.
I have another question, I am sorry if it is a dumb question but i need to get cleared on it. How can i create a contact and submit deals data along with line items and products using Ecommerce Bridge API? If i need to do that using Contact and Forms API, where comes the role of Ecommerce Bridge API?
I am sure these are basic question but i couldn't make my mind clear on them. Thank you very much in advance for the help!

Hi @ahsan,

Would you mind creating a new topic for this question? I will be happy to answer it in more detail, but I would like to keep the discussion separate. Thank you!

Thanks for indicating it, i have created a separate topic now: Ecommerce Bridge API, need help on some basic questions
Thank you in advance for answering these questions.