APIs & Integrations

ahsan

Integration of Ecommerce Bridge API: does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [portal-developers-access])

SOLVE

Hi,

I am working on to integrate Ecommerce Bridge API and i created Test portal and an app. Now i am having problems in sending request after oAuth authentication has been done.
I am using developer account already but seems like some permissions are missing. Can you please help what exactly is causing this issue?

• Here is test portal id: 5051184

• Link to the app: https://app.hubspot.com/developer/5051097/application/182707

• i am using OAuth 2.0 Playground for testing.

• Following is the response i am getting:
    {"status":"error","message":"This oauth-token (CLTyq-jpLBIDAYECGLCmtAIgqcXXAiizkwsyGQDl7N_AEZkAg2N_IwgGDup8zV26qco2OQQ6CwAKAkEAAAyEA6ALQhkA5ezfwDH-_S7739x2d2-BiLaG0O100lTU) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [portal-developers-access])","correlationId":"21da2658-a1c6-4b18-b7e7-9dc9804ab0e2","requestId":"454107d4dae16ec4042d9b4e78735a57"}

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Integration of Ecommerce Bridge API: does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [portal-developers-access])

SOLVE

Hi @ahsan,

No, that endpoint will also not work for OAuth integrations.

As noted in the documentation: "This endpoint is only required when using the ecommerce bridge with a custom integration using a hapikey. This should not be used for installed integrations using OAuth."

If the "BISMILLAH - app" appears in the Your integrations tab of settings, as it does here for the test portal, then the application is installed correctly.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
ahsan

SOLVE

Thanks for indicating it, i have created a separate topic now: Ecommerce Bridge API, need help on some basic questions
Thank you in advance for answering these questions.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ahsan,

Would you mind creating a new topic for this question? I will be happy to answer it in more detail, but I would like to keep the discussion separate. Thank you!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
ahsan

SOLVE

hi Isaac,

Thank you for clarifying it.
I have another question, I am sorry if it is a dumb question but i need to get cleared on it. How can i create a contact and submit deals data along with line items and products using Ecommerce Bridge API? If i need to do that using Contact and Forms API, where comes the role of Ecommerce Bridge API?
I am sure these are basic question but i couldn't make my mind clear on them. Thank you very much in advance for the help!

0 Upvotes
ahsan

SOLVE

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your response. Here is the endpoint which i tried using: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecommerce/check-install

Shouldn't it work with integrations using oAuth?
Thanks

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ahsan,

No, that endpoint will also not work for OAuth integrations.

As noted in the documentation: "This endpoint is only required when using the ecommerce bridge with a custom integration using a hapikey. This should not be used for installed integrations using OAuth."

If the "BISMILLAH - app" appears in the Your integrations tab of settings, as it does here for the test portal, then the application is installed correctly.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ahsan,

To clarify, are you trying to use this endpoint? If so, you are receiving that error because the Install ecommerce settings endpoint "is only required when using the ecommerce bridge with a custom integration using an API key. This should not be used for installed integrations using OAuth."

If I have misunderstood which endpoint you are using, please share it below.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes