APIs & Integrations

ruann
Participant

Is it possible to connect contacts table to new created HubDB?

I want to create a trigger when a contact property like last_modified_date is updated and will update a row in my HubDB. I tried to create a webhook but I'm not sure if it can connect in hubDB.

Please badly need your help. I'm a newbie in HubSpot. Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Is it possible to connect contacts table to new created HubDB?

Hi @ruanngabriel,

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, you're looking to update a row in HubDB when a contact is updated? This is definitely possible, but I wanted to mention a few things:

1. HubDB is technically public, since you can get rows from a published table without any authentication. This means you should not use it to store any non-public information, including (most) contact data.
  2. You have the right idea regarding the Webhooks API, but it's not possible to create a webhook subscription for the hs_last_modified_date property. You'd need to pic a specific property that you care about; you can find more info in the developer doc below
  3. In order to 'connect' the webhook to HubDB, you'd need to have your own server that accepts the webhook notification and then makes a call to the HubDB API. It's not possible to 'connect' the two natively.
0 Upvotes