APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Is there any webhook for contact property value updation in hubspot?

I am looking for a webhook that will trigger whenever there is any update in contact property value. Currently the API that is available in hubspot we need to set workflow under which we have only option to trigger webhook when contact property value is match with the value that we are setting a while creating this webhook so the webhook will run only when the contact property name values matches with the value we set in workflow. But I am looking for a kind of webhook that will trigger when there is any property name value is updated.
I have already submitted this ticket but not getting nay reply.
Url : Is there any webhook for contact property value updation?
Thanks.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @dedupely,

1. You can subscribe to custom object properties in the same way you'd subscribe to default object properties (see below).
  2. You can pull all object property definitions using the X Properties APIs; I'll link to the Contact Properties API below, but the same principle applies for Deals, Companies, etc.
  3. Webhook subscriptions are portal-specific, not user-specific, so all notifications include the portalId field to specify which portal they're coming from. It's technically possible to have multiple refresh tokens per portal (if multiple users complete an app's auth flow) but this doesn't affect the functionality of the Webhooks API.
0 Upvotes
Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

0 Upvotes
clintonskakun
Participant

Thanks for the reply. I suppose based on the update-internals of the API it would trigger a chain reaction. Makes sense.

I also have some more questions.

• What happens for custom fields? Do we have to know and subscribe to each custom field? (I haven't even checked if custom fields are a thing in HubSpot. I'm working purely off my experience of other CRMs)
  • Is there a list of fields we can subscribe to for each object?
  • How do we identify the oAuth profile where this change is taking place? For example, I see portalId in the payload. I suppose that's considered the unique ID of the oAuth since we can only use one portalId per oAuth token.
0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @dedupely,

In general it's not necessary to receive a webhook notification for every change to an object record, for a few reasons. The sheer number of calculated changes (last updated, last page seen, etc.) means that a 'subscribe to all' webhook would be extremely noisy. Most Webhooks API use cases involve keeping track of specific changes that are important to the external platform; if you need to get every contact that was updated in any way, you'd likely be better off polling the 'Get recently modified contacts' endpoint:

0 Upvotes
clintonskakun
Participant

This is a giant letdown in the Webhooks API. This means we'll have to create a new webhook subscription for every possible field in order to know what's changed. And if something changes that we can't subscribe to, data goes missing on our platform.

Isn't there any simple way to know when anything in the object was updated so we just do a get request on receiving it?

I don't know why anyone would want to subscribe to each field individually.

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@web_123 You can create that webhook in your dev account. Here is an ex.

This webhook fill fire everytime the first name property is changes(updated)

0 Upvotes