APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Keeping production and development database schemas in sync

SOLVE

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Hubspot development. My company has an instance on hubspot (with a contact database) and wishes to call some hubspot API. For this purpose, I'd like to test the API calls from my application to hubspot. I don't want to interact with the production instance database during my tests, so I created a development instance through the developers portal. As a consequence, I have a dev database that is decoupled from production database. Until here, eveything's normal.

Now, I'm wondering how to have the production database schema kept in sync with the development database schema. For example, when someone adds a columns in the production environment, I'd like this change to be applied on the development environment, so that we don't have to perform the action manually on both environments. This would be a source of error in the future, and that's why I'd like to do so.

Is there a way to keep in sync the schema of databases in both environments?

Thanks for any suggestion.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Remi_Doolaeghe,

At this time, it's not possible to automatically sync data or settings from a production portal to a developer test portal. Much data can be exported from the production portal and imported into the test portal, however. Settings must be replicated manually.

I certainly see value in the ability to selectively sync data from a production portal to a developer test portal, however. I recommend posting your request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum. This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Remi_Doolaeghe,

At this time, it's not possible to automatically sync data or settings from a production portal to a developer test portal. Much data can be exported from the production portal and imported into the test portal, however. Settings must be replicated manually.

I certainly see value in the ability to selectively sync data from a production portal to a developer test portal, however. I recommend posting your request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum. This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes