Hi @dadams, thank you for all your helpful responses regarding tracking traffic source through the Form API. Our campaign landing page to web app flow is very similar to robin’s , but we have a slightly different issue.
Here’s an example of a lead’s journey:
- lead sees our link on a referral site: https://www.producthunt.com/alternatives/marvel-2-0-2
- lead clicks on the “GET IT” link under “Brandcast”
- the link takes lead to our landing page: https://brandcast.com/?ref=producthunt
- lead clicks on one of the “try for free” links on the landing page
- the link takes the lead to our signup page which is on our web app under a different domain: https://app.brandcast.io/signup
- after the lead signs up, a contact like this one is created: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/2712945/contact/63251/
As you can see the contact traffic source is recorded as “Direct Traffic” while we are certain that the lead went through the flow above.
We have the hubspot tracking code deployed via google tag manager on both the landing page and the signup page (although under different domains). We are fairly confident that we are sending the hutk data correctly because a couple of contacts are showing the correct traffic source, for example:
We think these leads might have clicked on ads that show links directly to our web app signup page which might explain the correct traffic source.
Here’s an example of the form API request body:
Could you provide some insight into why the traffic source is not correct when the leads go through our landing pages then to our web app signup page?