APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

List of all fields returned in an API

Hi,

Is it possible to get the list of fields returned by an API call without generating a sample set. Some of the fields are optional and present rarely in records.

Thanks,
Prabha

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @sprabha,

You can find lists of the default properties in the Knowledge Base (see below), but the properties returned by the web hook can vary. If .a contact doesn’t have a value for a particular property, that property will not be returned in the response. If you need a comprehensive list of the contact properties for a certain portal, you can use the Contact Properties API; specifically, the endpoint here:

Get all contacts properties | Contacts properties API

GET /properties/v1/contacts/properties - Properties in HubSpot are fields that have been created, in this case for deals in a given portal. This endpoint will return all of the deal properties, including their definition, for a given portal.

And here are the lists of default HubSpot properties:

List of HubSpot's default contact properties

A complete list of all HubSpot default contact properties and their definitions.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @sprabha,

Which API’s are you referring to, specifically? In many case, the fields returned may vary; for example, the get contact endpoint from the Contacts API won’t return a property if the contact in question doesn’t have a value for that property.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi Derek,
I am currenly working on Contacts API. I am currently having to specify the property name to retrieve a particular property of a contact. So in order to know the property names I retrieve a sample set of 10 records, but some properties are not present in the sample set. So it s difficult to get the complete list of properties available for a contact

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

I am expecting more of a documentation of available fields

0 Upvotes