Missing contact in result from 'all contacts' api

We use the ‘Get contacts in a list’ api (/contacts/v1/lists/:list_id/contacts/all) to retrieve the contacts for a particular contact list and then match this up using the vid to the results from the ‘Get all contacts’ api (/contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all) where we retrieve the necessary contact properties.

We’re finding one contact is returned in the list of contacts for a specific list-id, but that contact is not returned by the ‘all contacts’ API, so we can’t match them up to get their properties.

I can’t see anything about the contact that would suggest that they should be excluded. Has anyone else experienced this?

@tom.herrick I’ll DM you to ask for the vid of the missing culprit and your portal id

Any clue to this? We hit similar issue today.

We are able to get particular contact’s details using “get contact by id” API (/contacts/v1/contact/vid/:vid/profile) but we are failing to get contact’s basic properties using “get all contacts” API (/contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all). For some reason the particular contact is not returned by “get all contacts” API at all.

The developer above (@pmanca) reached out to me at the time and I was able to provide details to let him reproduce it. He fixed it, describing it as a bug on their side, but I don’t know exactly what he did.

Good to know. Thanks @tom.herrick