APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Need some more explanation on respose returned by API call-- Contact By Vid

Hi Guys,

I made an API GET call : https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/vid/123456/profile?hapikey=demo for a specific contact, Received JSON reponse, I need some understanding on the list fields returned here.

"list-memberships": [
{
"static-list-id": 1,
"internal-list-id": 2,
"timestamp": 1547491813427,
"vid": 123456,
"is-member": true
}
]

does this list membership mean contact assigned to what list? If I query with this list id in HubSpot it gives me no list found. Can anyone help me here? Also is there any documentation about the API response anywhere, all I saw was the API calls description and how to make them.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bdmonte, check out @Isaac_Takushi's response on this thread for more info on the difference between static-list-id and internal-list-id: Get dynamic list-memberships for a contact.

Are you replacing hapkey=demo with your hapikey when making that request? The list IDs for the requested vid won't exist in your account if you're using the demo hapikey.

0 Upvotes
bdmonte

Hi @cbarley  Yes I did replace the hapikey with key from my HubSpot A/C.  I did not want to paste the Key/Edit hence copied whatever was displayed in the example call.  Not Sure why will the HubSpot return me any list-Id in the contacts that won't exists in the HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bdmonte , makes sense - just wanted to check. Can you reply with the following so I can try to reproduce the behavior?

• Your HubID
  • The contact vid that you're looking to get list memberships from

Thanks!

0 Upvotes