APIs & Integrations

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

New API: Ecommerce Bridge API

What's Happening?

Our native integration with Shopify lets any ecommerce business fully lean into inbound marketing, giving you the tools needed to build your brand and establish a loyal customer base. But what if you use an ecommerce platform other than Shopify? Not a problem. The Ecommerce Bridge API lets you integrate your third party ecommerce platform with HubSpot so you can start to see the benefits of inbound marketing today.

What's Changing?

Nothing; this is an entirely new API! Check out the developer docs here.

When is this happening?

The Ecommerce Bridge API is now live; integrators can start using it immediately.

Feel free to reach out in the comments below with any questions/concerns!

1 Reply 1
immanuel

New API: Ecommerce Bridge API

By using the E-commerce bridge API (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecomm-bridge/ecomm-bridge-overview). I have done the following steps:

Step 1:
Installed Ecommerce API - /extensions/ecomm/v1/installs

Step 2:
Check Ecommerce Status - /extensions/ecomm/v1/installs/status

Step 3:
I had enabled the property mapping - /extensions/ecomm/v1/settings

Step 4:

Finally by using Sync-Message I was able to populate the data to contact and it got updated successfully. A day after this setup I tried to send the data and it didn't got updated. Actually i got the response as 204, but the data are not populated in hubspot contact section.

Currently:
I created a new portal and application and tried the same setup which I had mentioned above. This time I tried using google oAuth_(previously I used postman client)_ playground which is mentioned in this article (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/faq/testing-hubspot-apis 1).

Here the problem is:

In my app setting i had selected the following SCOPE:

Basic oAuth Functionality
Access to integration-sync features
e-commerce

Now using google oAuth and using the scope "contacts intergration-sync e-commerce" I tried connecting to hubspot and ended with this error "Request for Integration Permissions Uh oh!
You do not have the correct role to grant these permissions. Please contact your administrator."

If I uncheck the ecommerce in app setting and used only "contacts integration-sync" in oAuth scope I was able to connect successfully. And now on attempting to install the ecommerce api i get this error "message": "This oauth-token (REDACTED) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [portal-developers-access])", "

We have a paid version of hubspot account. I want to test this setup in the developer account and try to implement the same in our Live Enterprise account.

Please do check and help me out in this issue.

0 Upvotes