APIs & Integrations

Dia_Hopp

New to hubspot -- how to use the tracking/email sending API?

I am new to using HubSpot and have a MVC application in which I need to send emails that need to be trackable in HubSpot. I tried sending emails using our google email account via the HubSpot server (smtp.hubspot.com) and nothing went out or was marked as sent/denied or received in google or HubSpot. I also tried sending emails using our google email account via the google mail server but nothing was tracked in HubSpot. I guess I’m missing something. The google email account is a user of HubSpot and has been marked for email tracking.

Please assist!

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New to hubspot -- how to use the tracking/email sending API?

Hi @Dia_Hopp

Sending emails through HubSpot via SMTP is something that is supported with our Transactional Email add-on.

Transactional Email Software for Small Business | HubSpot

Learn more about HubSpots transactional email service that delivers highly relevant messages to your customers inbox.

With that add-on, you get access to the SMTP API, which would let you get a login token for the SMTP server, which you would use to connect to our SMTP server and then send your email. Any emails sent get wrapped with our tracking, so you’d be able to track the emails in HubSpot.

0 Upvotes