No Content response when putting event to timeline

I am attempting to add an event to a contact’s timeline using the Timeline API. I have worked through several errors, including authorization, so I know I have that part right, but now I’m getting an error I just can’t understand. It’s not returning any JSON back, but just a header.

This is what I’m putting:

{"eventTypeId":"123","id":"1507919941410","email":"cs@xyz.org","ProductName":"Business Operating Systems for Health Care Organizations","ProductCode":"HF-2"}

This is the header I am getting back:

HTTP/1.1 204 No Content Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: false Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8 Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 18:39:01 GMT Connection: close

Hi @carltonsmith,

A successful event creation should return a 204 response. Are you not seeing the event or is there a reason you were expecting a different response?

I don’t see anything in the events, nor do I see anything in the user’s timeline. I didn’t realize that was the response that I was supposed to get, but even still, I think I should see those things, right?

So, now I am consistently getting back 204 responses, but I’m not seeing anything in my test app under events or in the user’s timeline. Here is what I’m looking at:

In the developer portal, I look at my timeline requests:

Then in my test app, this is what I see under Reports | Events

And this is the user’s timeline for the user I have included for all of these put requests:

As you can see, nothing comes up under the events report or is added to the user’s timeline. It seems to me that each of these should be in both places if this is working correctly. Is that not correct?

I just found another posting on here and found out I needed to specifically tell the timeline to show things from my integration. Once I did that, they came up in the timeline. So, they are obviously being recorded. I still can’t figure out why it isn’t showing up under Reports | Events, though. Is it not supposed to?

Hi @carltonsmith,

Based on what I’ve seen so far, the events should appear in the events report. Can you direct message me with a link to the events report in the portal that you’re creating events in?

I have the same problem!
I have 204 response but nothing appear in the ui

Hi @lurb,

Carlton and I resolved this over direct message, I should have remembered to update this topic. The issue is that the timeline events API is distinct from the events API. Events created by an app as a part of the timeline events API do not appear in the events report. Only events created as a part of the events API will appear in the events report.