APIs & Integrations

Romit_Bhandari

Oauth 2: getting do not have the correct role to grant these permissions. + error

Getting following error:
Uh oh!
You do not have the correct role to grant these permissions. Please contact your administrator.

after Redirecting to

https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/4056224/authorize?client_id=05c78b73-1ad3-4a2d-9e6d-94d503c9ae7d&redir...

Have checked ‘contacts’ in the app settings, all other are unchecked.

Have created an app as given in the doc with app id 57186 and hub id: 4056224. Trying to test oauth2 authentication.

Why i get this error???

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Oauth 2: getting do not have the correct role to grant these permissions. + error

Hi @Romit_Bhandari,

You need a test portal because your developer portal doesn’t have access to the scopes you’re requesting, but you still need to use the client id and client secret from the app in your developer portal. The only thing that should change is that when you reach the account selection screen, you should select your test portal.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Romit_Bhandari,

The portal with Hub ID 4056224 is a developer portal, which doesn’t have access to the contacts scope. You’ll want to select a test portal or a production Marketing/CRM portal to install the app in instead:

How do I create a test portal?

Test portals can be used to test your integration without affecting your live HubSpot data.

0 Upvotes
Romit_Bhandari

Creating the test portal, gives only API key in the integrations section. I am looking for oauth2 for which i require key and secret both. How do i get that.

0 Upvotes