APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

OAuth with no UI

I need to call the APIs for clients and companies in order to import the data in a database. I have created a developer account and an app.From the official documentation I understand that I need to use OAuth in order to use this in production, not a Hapikey, but I need to call the API without having a user interface (in order to redirect the user and for him to grant the access to the account).How could I achieve this in Python?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

OAuth with no UI

Hi @andreeagp1 welcome! I don't have any examples retrieving Oauth Tokens and making requests using python, so I'll leave this open to the community to answer. That said, to get you started I'd check out the QuickStart Guide: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/oauth2-quickstart#quickstart which is written in NodeJS. This should get you started.

0 Upvotes
Jolt1

OAuth with no UI

I have the same question as above -- it's not about PHP, it's about a usecase where you can't ask a user for permissions.  How can I send an event without asking the user the oauth grant.  In my case I want to send events from my application in to my hubspot account -- wouldn't make sense to ask a user to confirm.  Any thoughts on this?

0 Upvotes
Jolt1

OAuth with no UI

I figured out the answer to my question ... thought I would post for anyone else confused.  You do create URL that has the various keys and scopes, etc.  I included a website in the url parameter.  Just an existing company website.  I then log in as a HubSpot useraccount, and hit the Auth URL I created, it will then redirect to the probided url in the paramter, with the token as a parameter.  I could have sent that to something that processes the token -- I just chose to pull it off the url, and then go from there with refresh tokens etc., all programatically.  This got me going at least!

KHlav

OAuth with no UI

Hi Jolt1 -- I'm late to the party, but I might have an example that can help you (and future users).

As a fellow Python user that wants OAUTH to be more approachable, maybe this project could help you (and others) get started with HS+Python+OAUTH: HubSpot Quickstart using Python + OAUTH

What it is: A simple, straightforward, and extensible console-app for authenticating to and using HubSpot APIs with OAUTH.

To solve your challenge re: generating a token... You could easily modify this example to print the refresh+access tokens after they're retrieved.  Look for where the `token` variable exists and `print(token)` any time after.

hrana
Participant

OAuth with no UI

Hi KHlav,

Below URL is not working.

HubSpot Quickstart using Python + OAUTH (Unofficial)

Can you send me that console application please.

0 Upvotes
KHlav

OAuth with no UI

Hi @hrana -- we've updated and moved this repo under the HubSpot GitHub org. You can see it here: https://github.com/HubSpot/oauth-quickstart-python

Enjoy!

0 Upvotes
hrana
Participant

OAuth with no UI

Thanks friend.

It worked. 

0 Upvotes