APIs & Integrations

bliegl

Only pull changes for each day for each API

Is there any way to pull changes of each API by day only? For example if we pull all the contacts, I want to send the date into the API to only pull changes of the contacts for a specific date, and not have to re-pull all the contacts.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bliegl,

Can you give me some more context on what exactly your goals are? It'd help inform my recommendations if I was more clear on what precisely you're doing. Are you pulling contact updates into an external system? Are you migrating all of your data from HubSpot elsewhere?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bliegl,

I'm not really aware of any plans to increase the allowed size of the pages for that endpoint or anything similar. I think once you reach a big enough scale that paging backwards using that endpoint becomes onerous, it might be worth investigating more extensible options. One potential option may be to use the Webhooks API to subscribe directly to the contact property changes you're most interested in. By narrowing the number of changes that actually require a contact to be 'synced' to an external system, you can significantly reduce the amount of data you need to pull.

0 Upvotes
bliegl

Derek, I was wondering what options we have with the contacts feature since we have over 900K contacts and it would take 20 days of loading data and we need to get the latest offsets and and know where to start from and run a separate call in the background to play catch up?

0 Upvotes
bliegl

Thanks Derek for the feedback and we will take a look into this more.

Thanks,

Brian Liegl

BI Engineer

Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group

24 Jewelers Park Drive, P.O. Box 468, Neenah, WI 54957-0468

Toll Free: 800-336-5642 etx. 2102 Direct: 920-521-2384

JewelersMutual.com

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bliegl,

You can use the 'Get recently modified contacts' endpoint to pull your contacts in order of most recently updated; you can pull them until you reach a particular time (i.e. the previous day) at which point you'll know you've pulled all updates for the day:

0 Upvotes
bliegl

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there any potential for updated the API for larger data pulls to reduce the number required to get to that point?

0 Upvotes