APIs & Integrations

VoIPTools1

Perform screen pops

We are building an integration between Hubspot and our phone system (3CX). The goal is to search for contacts (by phone numbers) and "pop" the matching contact information in the user's browser when a call is answered.

By simple trial and error we discovered that if we use the built-in Hubspot search feature and enter the contacts phone number, hubspot will perform the search and display the correct contact information in the browser. We can mimic this same approach programmatically by pushing a properly formatted URL to a browser from our application while substituting the caller's phone number into the URL. This works, but we want to do far more (create contacts when a match isn't found, add notes, etc.).

We can use the API to get the correct Contact ID by searching for the phone number, but is there an API approach to "push" the screen pop from the server side to update the correct user's browser session? In other words, can our application running on a server call a Hubspot API and have Hubspot find the correct user's browser and "pop" the correct contact in their browser? We do this in other CRM applications including Zendesk. We can certainly do it by having our client application push the properly formatted URL to the default browser, but I want to make sure we utilize the most elegant approach possible.

1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Perform screen pops

Hi @VoIPTools,

First, I wanted to mention that this is an awesome sounding application! It sounds like you're doing things the best way possible; it's not currently possible to 'pop' a screen to a user's current browser session. I can totally understand your use case though; if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes