APIs & Integrations

SAPikachu

Permission error when trying to create HubDB table

Our integration creates HubDB tables and it had been working fine until recently, it starts to get errors like:

{"status":"error","message":"This oauth-token (... removed ...) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [hubdb-admin])","correlationId":"b7e5813f-aee4-4a19-b86d-ce2a49a7b5e2","requestId":"a5e98d69c79bbc472d77d192c5b5bf63"}

I verified that the token has hubdb scope. Is there any change recently that causes this error?

0 Upvotes
33 Replies 33
Alejandro_van_H

i finally cracked it. the problem was i was not creating a testing environment. aparently if you try to get the access code without creating first the test env, you get to the right screen but since the hub displaying was not created by you, you cant give permission to install the application. once you create a test environment (use some name that you will recognize just to be sure, after all, is a test env, will expire in 90 days), when you click on it you will be able to grant permission. another thing i think is very confusing is that the hubs are listed under “YOUR ACCOUNTS”. also that the account or hub that is listed when you just started with hubspot, is not created by you, so you cant use it to test or anything, and that’s why you get that permission error… hope it helps :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Serhat_Sama Does it work now?

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@davidkubovsky I believe you should have access now. I was able to authorize from my account. Could you let me know which user with @m8th.com email address couldn’t access. I only saw 4 users with those emails in that portal, 2 with super admin permissions and 2 without. Those with super admin privileges should be able to authorize the integration. If that isn’t occuring, then having an example of one user that was unable to authorize would be helpful to pass on to the auth team.

@Serhat_Sama Same issue here. If I could get the exact user that is having issues, that would help narrow down this issue. If you give me your portalId, I can just authorize the integration directly using the link you provided on your portal.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

@Matthew_Coley, this is the portal id : 2242239
Thanks!

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Serhat_Sama I am unable to reproduce on my end in my portal. If you send me your portalId I can likely authorize on my end.

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@davidkubovsky Which user is setting up this integration? I can narrow down the issue further with this information.

@Serhat_Sama I am not familiar with the brix integration. You have already set up the integration and this error occurs when you are trying to create a page? If so can you link directly to where in the portal the install page button is and I can take a closer look.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

It is the URL of our application

briX editor | The Startup Framework – by InboundLabs and designmodo

Startup Framework for HubSpot allows you to create HubSpot pages in minutes without code. It contains components and blocks (PSD+HTML, templates and Custom Modules) which can easily be integrated into almost any design. All of these components are...

You will see the Install button in the second bar right below the nav bar.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

@Matthew_Coley any updates?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

it’s affecting multiple users of that portal, especially those with the m8th.com email addresses @Matthew_Coley

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@davidkubovsky I am guessing the integration is requesting HubDB Admin permission which you do not have permission to grant. Which permissions do you have?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

that user account has full permission, we double checked it multiple times
and it seems to occur with other user accounts of that portal as well

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

There haven’t been any changes recently regarding permissions for HubDB, so it may be on their end. Planning on reaching out.

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Alejandro_van_Houtte Can you send me which portal you are on and I can take a look.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

We are getting the same message like @Alejandro_van_Houtte

with one of our customers, it’s about portal 4009530 and the HubSpot integration is called briX (https://www.hubspot.com/integrations)
@Matthew_Coley

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Serhat_Sama Can you give me more information about when you are seeing this error message? Does the table exist and you are trying to link the table to the page?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

It is happening when the user clicks on “Install Page” in briX.
This request is being made for HubSpot services.
Please check the JSON response that is given as an Error.

Screenshot

Captured with Lightshot

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

@Matthew_Coley it was the response posted months ago when we had the similar issue.
Does it help ?

Derek_Gervais:

Hi everyone (@davidkubovsky @SAPikachu @serhat_sama1 @toopixel), This issue was resolved, and appeared again due to some remaining references to the old hubdb scopes. The scopes have now been updated, and should function correctly going forward. Re-authing the integrations should succeed in installing them. If anyone continues to see this issue going forward, feel free to update this thread.

0 Upvotes
Alejandro_van_H

hi everybody, im getting “You do not have the correct role to grant these permissions. Please contact your administrator.” all the time. what permissions is talking about???

0 Upvotes
Alejandro_van_H

just in case, im the one who created the app so there’s nobody else to grant permissions of any kind (unless it is talking about the people from hubspot)

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi everyone (@davidkubovsky @SAPikachu @serhat_sama1 @toopixel),

This issue was resolved, and appeared again due to some remaining references to the old hubdb scopes. The scopes have now been updated, and should function correctly going forward. Re-authing the integrations should succeed in installing them. If anyone continues to see this issue going forward, feel free to update this thread.