APIs & Integrations

Hadas_Shahak

Posting data on Hubspot form redirect

We are a SAAS company and we have a free sign up form for our product. We would like the form to exists in Hubspot (so that we can do A/B Testing, etc.) but post data to our Saas domain (i.e. secure.company.com). We initially tried doing this via a form redirect from Hubspot but we realized that on a re-direct, the data does not get posted to the Saas domain.

Next we tried replacing the Hubspot form with raw HTML and put in the Saas domain in the action attribute of the form. This works like a charm but the conversion event does not get captured in Hubspot.

Is there a better way to do this? We know that there is an option to read the submissionID in the URL after Hubspot Redirect and use the API to pull form data however, we are looking for another solution that would require fewer integration.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
kfischmann1

Hi @Hadas_Shahak,

The usual recommendations given in circumstances that a form submission should trigger some process external from HubSpot are ::

A) The form submits data directly to external infrastructure where the relevant process can be triggered, and then the Forms API is utilised to send the submission to HubSpot (which will update the relevant fields as well as record the form submission)

B) Use a HubSpot form as normal, and then post-submission pass the contact through a Workflow with a webhook to pass the contact record to the external system, which can then parse the relevant data and do what needs to be done.

Let me know if you feel either of these suggestions will work for your use case.

datisheyorca

Hey All - I have a similar issue but, I'm going to throw one more curve ball in there. 

So I'd like to include a form on my root domain that allows people to sign up for a free trial. This currently lives on the app. subdomain. In addition to this, I'd like to direct the user to a thank you page on my root domain with a CTA to then access the free trial (I want to track this as a conversion in GA when people land on this page and segment out the app. traffic)

Question 1:
If I setup a workflow to pass the data to my app.website.com/signup form, but redirect someone to my intermediary thank you page ... will the data pass through when they hit the CTA to access the trial?

Question 2:
If the above scenario doesn't work, could I use method A from your recommendation as follows: Create a sign-up form on my root domain > have it redirect to the thank you page on my root domain > have a form on my root domain that contains all the same fields, but hidden, and have the CTA  redirect to the free trial within the app?

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Upvotes
Hadas_Shahak

Thank you so much @kfischmann! We ended up going with the first option you mentioned and it worked!
I really appreciate your help.

kfischmann1

Hi @Hadas_Shahak, great to hear you sorted it out! You’re welcome :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes