Posting Instructions

Hi

A client who has HubPot need us to post purchased leads into this system. They have been unable to supply posting instructions.

I was hoping some could help as they cannot. I need the following info please

I need the following

Posting METHOD
POSTING URL
ALL FIELD NAMES(required or not required)
any TOKEN,USER/PASSWORD
RESPONSE
and Example of request.

@Robert_Noonan Here is a link to our Contacts API, I would use this to figure out the right call for you. If you get stuck anywhere in building it please take a look at some other posts and if those don’t satisfy you needs please make a post yourself.

Thanks for reply. I’m not sure why I can’t get specific instructions on how to submit a lead into Hubspot. We have worked many companies in the past and they supply specific instructions. Hubspot are you able to supply me with the following

POSTING METHOD
POSTING URL
ALL FIELD NAMES(required or not required)
any TOKEN,USER/PASSWORD
RESPONSE
and Example of request.

@Robert_Noonan This is a forum for API issues, you might be better off booking some time with a Technical Consultant if you need help getting off the ground.

Where in the docs did you get lost? All of the information was there.

Hi
So,under Contacts API I was able to get the following

POSTING METHOD----JSON
POSTING URL----https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/?hapikey=demo
ALL FIELD NAMES(required or not required)—Only get personal info, need more fields

MORTGAGE BALANCE
HOME VALUE
CREDIT SCORE

NEED hapikey

@Robert_Noonan

To get your hapikey you can do it in your portal. Click on the silhouette in the top right and then click on integrations.

Then on the left hand side click on HubSpot API Key. You can make one here

THANKS! I will let client know and have them get that.
Any ideals on how to get get the other field values?

Also client said I need to pass the following.

lead source=Pxxxxxx
owner=Maxx Pxxxx

How do I confirm these field names in their system.
Thanks

@Robert_Noonan

In the docs it will show an example of how to get the other properties under the optional parameters.

For you second question, I would go to contact settings and search for the property, if you don’t find it there then just make a custom property,

remember for the API you need to use the internal name of the properties and not the display name. This can be found in contact settings as well by just clicking on the contact property.

Hi

i set up and now getting the following

Response: {“status”:“error”,“message”:“cannot create contact without email and properties”,“correlationId”:“9632b456-7a32-43ff-87b2-237d5b98f263”,“requestId”:“51cde3826ff08fa7ca4d43c4836f090a”}

Gateway: https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/?hapikey=1a0d922a-6411-4ea2-b8b4-130f0a21c9a5
Fields to send: {“properties”:"[\r\n\t\t{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “email”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": "wilmajohnson@cape.org"\r\n\t\t},\r\n\t\t{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “firstname”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “”\r\n\t\t},\r\n\t\t{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “lastname”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “”\r\n\t\t},\r\n\t\t{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “website”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “”\r\n\t\t},\r\n{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “company”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “”\r\n\t\t},\r\n{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “phone”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “8124224309”\r\n\t\t},\r\n{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “address”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “704 Washington Avenue”\r\n\t\t},\r\n{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “city”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “Evansville”\r\n\t\t},\r\n{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “state”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “IN”\r\n\t\t},\r\n{\r\n\t\t\t"property": “zip”,\r\n\t\t\t"value": “47713”\r\n\t\t}\r\n\t\t]"}
Response: {“status”:“error”,“message”:“cannot create contact without email and properties”,“correlationId”:“9632b456-7a32-43ff-87b2-237d5b98f263”,“requestId”:“51cde3826ff08fa7ca4d43c4836f090a”}

@Robert_Noonan
Your fields to send is tough to read with all of your escaped character in there.
Given the error I’m guessing it is a formatting error, please try and keep your code formatted to look like this.

{
  "properties": [
    {
      "property": "email",
      "value": "testingapis@hubspot.com"
    },
    {
      "property": "firstname",
      "value": "Adrian"
    },
    {
      "property": "lastname",