Potential issue with HubSpot JavaScript and VueJS

I asked this with support and they pointed me here.

We have an issue with the Internet Explorer 11 browser when the HubSpot JavaScript and VueJS is being used. We use VueJS all throughout our website.

The script provided by HubSpot causes issues with Vue and breaks it, preventing it from running.

We have narrowed it down to the HubSpot Analytics part that is causing the issues. The code we embed from HubSpot includes three JavaScript files - one of the Analytics. The other two javaScript files HubSpot includes appear to work fine when run directly.

It does not occur in Internet Explorer 10 or Edge so we have temporarily prevented the HubSpot script from running in Internet Explorer 11 to keep the site working.

We have however left it running on one page to look at the error for yourselves: https://www.elvanto.com/hubspot-test. I've also attached the error that appears in Internet Explorer 11's dev tools.

Let me know if you need anymore information

Ben

Hi @Benny,

It looks like I'm able to reproduce that error, but that file isn't a HubSpot analytics script. Additionally, that error only appears after I mouse over one of the menu options on that page. I'm not familiar with that script; do you know what that script does / is used for?

Which HubSpot script appears to be causing this issue? Also, what specific functionality is broken on this test page? I'd like to dig into this further with my team, but although I can reproduce it I don't have the same context around what the expected behavior is. Any additional details would be very much appreciated.

Hi @Derek_Gervais,
I've updated that URL for Ben and stripped the page down do it's core elements.
It now only contains Vue.js and the Hubspot code.

When viewing the page in IE11 and pressing the button, that error is still shown, however if I remove the hubspot script I no longer get the error.

Hey @Derek_Gervais,

Just to add to Aaron's message, the reason we've updated the URL to a stripped down version is so that you can see the error with the code in it's most basic form. If you look at the code of the new updated page we do three things:

1. Include the Vue.JS library
  2. Create a Vue.JS model on the page that simply toggles between messages
  3. Include the HS JS code

If you view the URL on IE 11, the toggling eventually stops working due to the error. As soon as we remove HS JavaScript, it works flawlessly.

That should make it clearer for you. Let me know if you have further questions

Hey all,

Thanks for your patience here. We've seen an increase in volume and have been pretty swamped lately, so I appreciate you both hanging in there and providing me with the details necessary to dig into this. I wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you, and I'm investigating this issue right now. I'll update this topic as soon as I have more information.

Hey @Derek_Gervais, just checking in on this :slight_smile:

Hi @Benny,

Thanks so much for your patience here. As you can probably tell, we've been pretty swamped lately. I've made digging into this issue a priority, so I should have some more information for you in the next few days. The one ask I have that might help speed things along on my end; is there a way you could provide another version of the test page you've created, except without the HubSpot tracking code included? That might help speed up our troubleshooting, so if you have the bandwidth to do so I'd be very appreciative.

TL;DR I'm digging into this with my team now, and will update this thread when I have some more info for you.

Thanks @Derek_Gervais! Appreciate you making the time.

Here is a 2nd version without HS tracking code. As you can see, it works flawlessly.

https://www.elvanto.com/hubspot-test2

Hi @Benny,

I've just heard back from the team that this should now be fixed; the conflict between the HubSpot tracking code and VueJS in IE 11 should now be resolved. Thanks again for your patience here, and let me know if you see any issues going forward!

Thank you @Derek_Gervais! That solved it. Appreciate you and your teams help on this :+1:t3:

Hi @Benny,

Sure thing! Thanks again for your patience here. Let me know if you run into any other issues.