APIs & Integrations

CJM250

Push data from HubSpot CRM to lisencing server & back

Hi,
I’m fairly new to the developer side of HubSpot - but have been using marketing platform & CRM for a few years now. Apologies if the question is rather basic.

Our development team are looking to integrate our HubSpot portal with a licensing server for managing product access. They wish for the email address field to be pushed to the licensing server we’re using on a HubSpot form submit action, and then the license that is generated to be pushed back into the HubSpot CRM to populate a contact property.

For context, we would then use this property to send the license to contacts who had submitted the form via a workflow based email.

My questions would be:

1. Is this achievable using HubSpot APIs?
  2. If so, what would be the best way to achieve this?

Many thanks!
Chris Martin

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Push data from HubSpot CRM to lisencing server & back

Hi @CJM250

There are a few different ways to do this. If you’re using a HubSpot form, you could use a workflow with a webhook to have the contact’s data sent to your licensing system, and have the form submission trigger that workflow:

How do I use webhooks with HubSpot workflows?

Learn how you can use the trigger a webhook action in HubSpot workflows.

Once your system gets the contact data, you can use the Contacts API to update the contact in HubSpot.

Otherwise, if you’re using your own form that’s already sending the data to your licensing system, you could use the Forms API to send the data to HubSpot after your system processes the license.

Submit data to a form | HubSpot Forms API

POST https://forms.hubspot.com/uploads/form/v2/:portal_id/:form_guid - Send form submission data to HubSpot. Form submissions from external sources can be made to any registered HubSpot form. You can see a list of forms on your portal by going to...

0 Upvotes