APIs & Integrations

hunterjensen

Resending Double Opt-In Email via API

We are considering forcing users to double opt in before we allow them to login to our application. One thing I’m not sure about is the ability to resend the opt-in email a second time via the API, for users that just missed the email or never clicked on the link to opt-in. Is it possible to resend it via the API?

4 Replies 4
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @MarkAstrin , I am  not aware of this feature being worked on, yet.  I can definitely see the benefit of having it, though!

I would suggest adding an idea here and linking back to here so that we can all upvote it!

0 Upvotes
MarkAstrin
Participant

Thanks, 

Done on :https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Send-Double-opt-in-email-via-API/idi-p/385206#M68166
Will be happy for all that follow to upvote it. 🙂 

Regards 

MarkAstrin
Participant

Hi Guys,

Is there are any news about this option for the feature, resending the opt-in email using an API or other automation? 

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hunterjensen,

It’s not currently possible to re-send the opt in email via the API, but you can send it for individual contacts via the HubSpot UI:

How to set up double opt-in

The double opt-in email feature with HubSpot gives you the ability to require that your email recipients confirm they want to receive email communication from you when filling out a form.

0 Upvotes