APIs & Integrations

wizard
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Restoring recently deleted contacts

SOLVE

Hello,

I was wondering how the recently introduced feature of restoring recently deleted contacts (and companies, deals) https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/restore-deleted-contacts-companies-and-deals-with-recycle-bi... would technically be reflected in the API.

My observations:
After the restoration of a contact, the modification date is set and (all?) fields that are calculated by Hubspot are set anew. However I could not find a field that would indicate that this contact was restored.
Also, I did not see a creation webhook executed after the restoration (tested for curiosity).

Questions that I have:

• Can I restore a contact (company, deal) also via the API or is it maybe a feature planned?
  • Can I somehow see via the API that a contact was restored? If so, how?
  • Would there be a way to use a webhook / workflow to be notified when a contact is restored?

For our integrations we typically react on a contact deletion by performing an action in the corresponding system (i.e. deletion as well). However, if a contact can "sneakily" re-appear via the restore functionality, we would be very interested to be able to react on this event, too.

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @wizard,

Thanks for your patience here; As of right now, the recycle bin isn't reflected at all in the Contacts API. Contacts that are deleted will not appear when pulling contacts via the Contacts API, and there is not currently a 'Contacts Recycle Bin API' (or similar API functionality).

That said, I can totally see the use case for that; I'm more than happy to touch base with the team and pass this feedback along internally. If you have the inclination, I would also encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see. The HubSpot Community is the best place to get your feedback seen by HubSpotters, Partners, and customer alike.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
JBorn
Participant

SOLVE

Has the HubSpot API been updated to list what contacts have been recently deleted?  If not is this on the a roadmap for a future improvement?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @wizard,

Thanks for your patience here; As of right now, the recycle bin isn't reflected at all in the Contacts API. Contacts that are deleted will not appear when pulling contacts via the Contacts API, and there is not currently a 'Contacts Recycle Bin API' (or similar API functionality).

That said, I can totally see the use case for that; I'm more than happy to touch base with the team and pass this feedback along internally. If you have the inclination, I would also encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see. The HubSpot Community is the best place to get your feedback seen by HubSpotters, Partners, and customer alike.

0 Upvotes
Rah1x

SOLVE

Is there any update on this? I still dont see any webhook event fired when a contact is restored.