APIs & Integrations

dialey

Schema.org Markup

I’m not a developer, but was referred to this community by HubSpot support. I am looking to add Schema markup to my blog posts and was inspired by this technical SEO article: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/technical-seo

Would inputting the schema HTML code in the blog post’s html header section be an appropriate place to put this information, or is there another way of doing this>?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
SaltySteve
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Schema.org Markup

Salted Stone built an app for this (Schema Helper).  It's working pretty well now.  SEO agencies and digital marketers don't need to wait for developers or mess with the code in HubSpot page headers anymore.

0 Upvotes
zwolfson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Schema.org Markup

HI @Dianna_Leyton,

The information for schema.org generally refers to specific types of content embeded in your post so the body is generally the best place for that information. In order to add that, you would want to edit the HTML of the post, which you can do from the HubSpot editor if you looking for the </> symbol.

-Zack

dialey

Schema.org Markup

Thank you, so it would be fine to do that in the source code section for a blog. Do you know how I might be able to tag the name of the blog post and the author using schema, which is not in the body of the post?

0 Upvotes
Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Schema.org Markup

We recently solved this for our HubSpot websites. The code uses HubL tokens so all HubSpot Portals can use this with minimal customization.

Schema Template for HubSpot Sites
Copy the code here.

Hypha HubSpot Development

Jon Sasala (He / Him)
President • Hypha HubSpot Development

Phone: 516-284-3333
Email: JSasala@HyphaDev.io
HyphaDev.io

LinkedIn Icon

Facebook Icon

Instagram Icon

P.S. The HubSpot Partner Directory accepts reviews. Please leave us a positive review and help us hit our goal of 200.

donrua
Top Contributor

Schema.org Markup

Jon - Love your resource page for the markup. I still haven't crossed the finish line, but I like your resource.

I'm still getting an error, whether I add your suggested blog schema to body, or the header. I may have an issue with schema not accepting an .svg logo, and the logo url seems to be a part of blog posting schema.

Another challenge I will be facing soon, is that the site using the same header for website and blog, so I'm not sure how to intragrate both your proposed website schema script and blog script in the same header. Do I integrate the json into one, with a single mainentity, or back up and switch to unique header templates for blog vs website, etc. I worried if I used the blog schema in the single header, that it would incorrectly try to apply to web pages that were not blog pages.

0 Upvotes