APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Search a contact by Mobile Phone Number

Hi,

Is there any way to search a contact by Mobile Phone Number (as mobilephone property)?
We actually search in Phone Number field, but we need to search a contact for this field too.

Thanks a lot,
Howard

11 Replies 11
Bmacuser
Participant

I even miss that mobile phone search feature on desktop. But on the android app its working fine which i just discovered. Phone search for Mobile or fixnet should be a default feature of a CRM and surprised that it still doesnt exist for desktop... Try for now on mobile to search.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @HenriChab,

No, this still isn’t possible. I’m not aware of any plans to implement this in the near future, though it’s on the product team’s radar. I would recommend subscribing to the HubSpot Product Updates blog to get notifications whenever new features are released:

0 Upvotes
JustCall_Tech

Hey @Derek_Gervais, is there any update on this request. We need the api where we can search a contact by mobile number.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @JustCall_Tech ,

There are no updates as of yet. Right now contacts search can only be done using the phone number property, not the mobile phone property.

JustCall_Tech

Hey @Derek_Gervais ,

Thanks for the reply.

We are a VOIP service provider and one of your integration partners as well. We help Hubspot customers in making calls and sending text messages to their end users. We also help them have an active caller lookup, so they can see who's calling /texting them.

On many occassions, we have seen that our current customers have 2 phone numbers against customer profiles on Hubspot. It will be great if you can ask your dev team to include mobile phone number available as a property to search upon. It will help all other VOIP companies that integrate with Hubspot and most importantly, it will benefit our mutual customers.

dominik
Participant

Hello!

Same for me! 

We use the Hubspot 3CX Integration. Most of our hubspot profiles have mobile phone number as well as phonenumber. 

The 3CX Integration uses the Hubspot API to search for a profile as soon as a call comes in. All calls comming from a mobile phone number do not work now.

Can you please add that! Its a minor feature, with huge impact!

Best regards

Dominik

HenriChab

Hi @Derek_Gervais any update regarding that matter? Is it now possible to search by Mobile Phone ?

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @howardj,

Other than using the Get All Contacts endpoint to pull contacts and parse them to find one with a matching mobile phone number, there isn’t a way to search by that property. Search with custom properties is something that we’d like to implement, but it’s not on the road map in the immediate future. I’d recommend checking out the Ideas Forum to post/vote on this as an idea so that the product team can see your use case.

0 Upvotes
kmuenze
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi @howardj,

I’m not sure what your end goal is so this may not be helpful to you. We just built the ability to search by phone number and mobile phone number @ kixie.com. We essentially get contact data for incoming and outgoing calls and provide links directly to the hubspot contact to make it easier to add notes etc.

If that’s not what you are looking for let me know and maybe i can help out in another way.

Thanks,
-Keith

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your quick reply,

Is there any trick to search a contact by Mobile Phone through the API based on filter or other way?
If we can only searched a contact by Phone Number property through the API, do you plan to implement the contact search with custom property?

Thanks,
Howard

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

HI @howardj,

It’s not currently possible to search for contacts based on Mobile Phone Number. If you’re in-app, you can create a list or filter based on the mobilephone property to find a specific contact(s).

0 Upvotes