APIs & Integrations

cmorgan2
Participant

Server 400 reponse when updating date property with API call

Stuck.

I have a custom property “QuoteDate” on my deals properties that I made in late December. I have been making the same calls consistently in Java App for other identically defined date picker fields (albeit with different names!) for a few months with no dramas

I know that the definition required is milliseconds since 1970 etc.

However I have run into a couple of snags in the new year - it seems if I now when I submit my JSON to the site using a PUT call to:

https://api.hubapi.com/deals/v1/deal/?hapikey=xxxxxxxxx

I get a server response of 400 for newly created deal properties.

I have been looking into this today and have established if I change the definition of the property to a single line string through the front end then all is well with the API PUT and it dumps in the desired value as text, “1513583567000”, say

After I have run through a debug of the java code in Eclipse; if I change the field definition back to “date picker” then the date picker is correctly populated, “18/12/2017” for the above example [[millis since 1970]]

Has anyone else seen this before?

This is the obfuscated PUT parameters I used for both the successful 200 when the field was a string and the unsuccessful 400 when it was defined as a date

{ “associations”: { “associatedVids”: [ 606802 ] }, “properties”: [ { “timestamp”: “1513583567000”, “value”: “XXXXX”, “name”: “dealname” }, { “timestamp”: “1513583567000”, “value”: “013f918a-0d2f-42e9-bf54-fd61af2b6072”, “name”: “dealstage” }, { “value”: “281bc03c-a051-4695-8e00-08294774dcb6”, “name”: “pipeline” } , { “timestamp”: “1513583567000”, “value”: “10.0”, “name”: “amount” }, { “value”: “newbusiness”, “name”: “dealtype” }, { “value”: “XXXXXX”, “name”: “quote_number” } , { “value”: “null”, “name”: “policy_number” }, { “value”: “XXXX”, “name”: “indication_number” } , { “value”: “10.0”, “name”: “indication_amount” }, { “value”: “”, “name”: “broker_sub_cluster” }, { “value”: “”, “name”: “broker_state” }, { “value”: “”, “name”: “broker_region” }, { “value”: “Test”, “name”: “broker_company” }, { “value”: "xxxx@xxxx.com.au", “name”: “email” }, { “value”: “”, “name”: “broker_cluster” } , { “value”: “”, “name”: “broker_category” }, { “value”: “PI IT - Designers”, “name”: “sub_product” }, { “value”: “XXXX…”, “name”: “insured_name” }, { “value”: “PI IT”, “name”: “product” }, { “value”: “RENEWAL - Professional Indemnit…”, “name”: “product_description” }, { “value”: “Open Market”, “name”: “scheme_type” },{ “value”: “Currently insured elsewhere”, “name”: “indication_type” },{ “value”: “null”, “name”: “policy_status” },{ “value”: “”, “name”: “previous_policy_number” },{ “value”: “”, “name”: “pl_policy_number” } ,{ “value”: “”, “name”: “er_policy_number” },{ “value”: “0.0”, “name”: “pl_minlimitoptioninquote” } ,{ “value”: “0.0”, “name”: “erisks_policyusedbasepremium” },{ “value”: “0”, “name”: “offerings” },{ “value”: “Commercial”, “name”: “indicationuwteamname” },{“value”: “1513583567000”,“name”: “quotedate”},{ “value”: “Test”, “name”: “brokerid” },{ “value”: “Designers”, “name”: “industry” }]}

Thoughts?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @CMORGAN2,

So a couple things to consider here:

1. The quotedate property is a date property, not a datetime property, so it will only accept unix timestamps set to UTC midnight for a particular day. This isn’t necessarily the issue, just something I wanted to mention upfront. I’ve included some documentation on the distinction below.
  2. The endpoint to update an existing deal is https://api.hubapi.com/deals/v1/deal/:dealid, and it accepts PUT requests. Calls to /deals/v1/deals have to be POST requests, and will create new deals.

Can you try to make another request to the update deal endpoint with a timestamp set to UTC midnight?

cmorgan2
Participant

Hi Derek

Sorted this by updating the type to datetime using the deal properties api for properties that I may need the time recorded for in the future

Thanks Derek, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Morgan

IS Team Lead

E: cmorgan@dualaustralia.com.aumailto:cmorgan@dualaustralia.com.au

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @CMORGAN2,

Can you send me a link to the deal property in HubSpot so that I can do some testing? Also, are you updating existing deal records or creating new ones?

0 Upvotes
cmorgan2
Participant

Thanks for the reply Derek

This is on update of existing deals records using PUT to a known dealid – the property is https://app.hubspot.com/property-settings/2597761/deal/quotedate

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Chris

Chris Morgan

IS Team Lead
E: cmorgan@dualaustralia.com.aumailto:cmorgan@dualaustralia.com.au

0 Upvotes